CBSSports.com Player of the Week: Nova's Darrun Hilliard

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:34 am

CBSSports.com Player of the Week: Villanova's Darrun Hilliard (Monday, February 16, 2015)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... n-hilliard

Darrun Hilliard played the game of his life.

Then he delivered the understatement of the night.

"I guess I played very good," Hilliard told the assembled media after leading Villanova to a 68-65 win over Butler inside Hinkle Fieldhouse, at which point, I'm assuming, the assembled media collectively said ... "You guess?"

Hilliard had just taken 16 shots, made nine and finished with a career-high 31 points thanks, in part, to a career-high eight 3-pointers. Also worth noting: Hilliard buried the game-winning 3-pointer with 1.5 seconds remaining that ensured Villanova would remain alone atop the Big East standings, two full games ahead of Butler.

Hilliard is, for these reasons and more, the CBSSports.com National Player of the Week.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CBSSports.com Player of the Week: Nova's Darrun Hilliard

Postby TheBall » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Yet Jarod Price from la salle wins big 5 player of the week.

Not sure if any Of you are familiar with the big 5 charity awards, but they have a rule and that is to mock nova. When nova went to the final four, some guy on saint Joseph's 20 loss team beat out Dante Cunningham for the award.

Last season was the first time since the 1980's that a nova player won big 5 player of the year Sioux being a first tea, all American (kitties, foye and Reynolds were the only three since 1988).
TheBall

Return to Big East basketball message board