Mon Feb 16th, 2G, Seton-VU, Butler-Creighton...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Mon Feb 16th, 2G, Seton-VU, Butler-Creighton...

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54 am

As a Creighton fan, tonight really stung. Proud of the fight the Jays gave and I really thought they released their inner 'Butler' tonight. By that I mean that they might have been at a talent disadvantage but they still would not go down without a fight. With the season they're having, I'm sure many teams would just give up and mail it in for the season but these Jays won't do that.
As a Big East fan, I just wanna say I've always had and I always will have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for the Butler program. They really stick to their 'Butler Way'. I'd love to see the Dawgs go on a deep run in March and I believe Butler has a very bright future in this league as well as the Jays.
OmahaGuy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Randy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 am

i find it funny when the also ran of last year is taking shots of the also-ran of this year.

If you are Nova, you can talk. Just about any other fan base will embarrass themselves if they talk shit right now.

edit-- and for the record, there is 0% chance that was a foul on Brooks. However, it had zero impact on the game as the refs have Creighton a gift the very next possession on a phantom foul on Chatman when he was in the corner.
Randy

Postby yeti47 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 am

Really tough loss to swallow. I know that is easy to blame blind refs but creighton just missed too many opportunities and prolly should of won by 5. Butler had 2 long offensive droughts. Kudos to them good gritty win on a very court. I'll add we may be the also ran this year. Easy to slam. Next year isn't far away. As I see it. Creighton will be back next year with the talent coming in and transfers. I'll take the barbs gladly this year. Next year's team talent wise is pretty scary. I'm tip my hat to Butler. Great game.
yeti47

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:38 am

I wish we could all swallow really tough losses the way that Doug McDermott does.

Butler Blue III @ButlerBlue3 · 8h 8 hours ago
True story: Passed @dougmcd3 as he was leaving the arena. He slapped me on the back, smiled and said, "bad dog!" Haha. Love that guy!

I'm a big fan of the way that Creighton does things, and really think you guys will be out of the dog house next season. Just had a lot of bad breaks go against you guys this year, similar to what Butler had last season. Keep your heads up.
Irishdawg

Postby chuck1991 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 am

Ran into Brad Stevens after the game, classy dude.

For some reason I feel last night was the last heartbreaker. I just can't take it anymore this season, if it happens again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chuck1991

Postby chopper » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Creighton fans should be incredible proud of their showing last and all season long. I watched the tail end of the game, and I was absolutely AMAZED at how loud and crazy that place was given the current BE record of the Jays. What an amazing atmosphere and I look forward to seeing you guys back on the top half of the standings. I will add that all the new additions to the BE (Xavier, Butler, Creighton) have amazing crowds for their home games.
chopper

Postby jfan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:02 pm

chuck1991 wrote:Ran into Brad Stevens after the game, classy dude.

For some reason I feel last night was the last heartbreaker. I just can't take it anymore this season, if it happens again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chuck is that the sign for going off the deep end? I feel your pain. Honestly though, I'd rather lose the close games in a forgettable season, than in a season where we were contending ( Really honestly I'd rather not lose any of them, but that's not realistic). Maybe we will get them all out of the way this year. Butler just outplayed us in the end. They made the plays when it counted and we didn't! As the poster above said, our crowds are amazing for the situation we are in and I hope we never lose that!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 pm

chopper wrote:Creighton fans should be incredible proud of their showing last and all season long. I watched the tail end of the game, and I was absolutely AMAZED at how loud and crazy that place was given the current BE record of the Jays. What an amazing atmosphere and I look forward to seeing you guys back on the top half of the standings. I will add that all the new additions to the BE (Xavier, Butler, Creighton) have amazing crowds for their home games.

Agree. I've been very impressed with the improvement this team has shown. They're now a tough out - especially in their building. And of course they Blue Jay fans were great.

Kudos to McDermott, the Jays, and their fans. 8-)
Bill Marsh

Postby Barley » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Creighton isn't great, but for our last place team to be as good as they are shows the depth of the league.
Barley

Postby chuck1991 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:46 pm

jfan wrote:
chuck1991 wrote:Ran into Brad Stevens after the game, classy dude.

Chuck is that the sign for going off the deep end? I feel your pain. Honestly though, I'd rather lose the close games in a forgettable season, than in a season where we were contending ( Really honestly I'd rather not lose any of them, but that's not realistic). Maybe we will get them all out of the way this year. Butler just outplayed us in the end. They made the plays when it counted and we didn't! As the poster above said, our crowds are amazing for the situation we are in and I hope we never lose that!

That is the sign for not getting worked up about it anymore. This season is toast, good luck to the seniors and I hope they do well; but I am not letting the losses bother me this year.
chuck1991

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board