Mon Feb 16th, 2G, Seton-VU, Butler-Creighton...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Mon Feb 16th, 2G, Seton-VU, Butler-Creighton...

Postby zmagic30 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:06 am

If anybody needs an explanation for the phantom foul, here it is. Devin Brooks is actually allergic to dogs and had no clue that Butler's live mascot would be there tonight. While he was chasing down Barlow, a dog hair from Butler Blue III happened to fly right past Devin's nose. This caused him to sneeze in Barlow's direction. The ref immediately screamed "I take that as a threat!" and called a foul on Devin about three seconds after the layup had passed through the basket. No need to discuss it anymore.
Creighton
There's always next year!
zmagic30

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cufan10 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:12 am

FDS wrote:Bad teams find ways to lose close games....

Yeah, we have had our struggles this year due to an obvious talent drop off. However the Jays with one or two exceptions have played with heart and been competitive in a lot of games this year. Much like Butler rebounded this year from a terrible year last year, I believe the Jays will do the same next year. Enjoy kicking us while we are down because it will not be for long.
cufan10

Postby Bulldawg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 am

cufan10 wrote:

Yeah, we have had our struggles this year due to an obvious talent drop off. However the Jays with one or two exceptions have played with heart and been competitive in a lot of games this year. Much like Butler rebounded this year from a terrible year last year, I believe the Jays will do the same next year. Enjoy kicking us while we are down because it will not be for long.

Definitely with you guys on that. I love what I saw of your practice facilities before the game, and I'm sure that would be a draw for any recruit. You guys will bounce back.
Butler Basketball baby!
Bulldawg

Postby Nildogg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 am

chicagojayfan wrote:
Bulldawg wrote:
chicagojayfan wrote:
Whatever. It might mean something if your fans didn't feel the need to come on here and defend an obviously blown call.

Hope to see your seed slide a half dozen in the last month, Pal.

Watching you rant is like seeing Butler from last season. Having a losing record is no fun, have fun fighting for a bid to the CBI, Pal.

We know we are down this year and will be back next year. Let's see what you end up with next year.. hell, let's see this year. Seriously, You almost had a horrible loss tonight. Your O looked like dogshit all night. If our lousy defense can do it to you, anyone else can at this point.

The fact that you and your fellow fans feel such a need to defend an obviously blown call says it all. I'll be rooting for all your opponents from now on..

What are you drunk? And 15 years old? Such idiotic statements and comments.

Sorry coaches-son All American isn't on the team, and you aren't in the MVC anymore, but don't take your tired of losing BS out on some fans for "defending a blown call" when the TV replays showed what looked like a bush to the lower back at the end of the layup.

No shit, our offense looked like dogshit. It was missing its 3rd leading scorer, and a very important piece that the O has worked through all season, and even more so in league play. Guess what, he'll be back in time for the conference tourney, and if not - that tournament that follows that you won't be playing in. Hopefully he is back so we can hand your sorry team (this year) another loss - because you won't be enjoying that 10 point boost from paying at home.

As for next year, we'll again drop you another couple of L's , so just get used to it.

Now go sulk in a few more drinks jackass. Sore F'ing loser.
Nildogg

Postby chicagojayfan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:18 am

Nildogg wrote:
chicagojayfan wrote:
Bulldawg wrote:
Watching you rant is like seeing Butler from last season. Having a losing record is no fun, have fun fighting for a bid to the CBI, Pal.

We know we are down this year and will be back next year. Let's see what you end up with next year.. hell, let's see this year. Seriously, You almost had a horrible loss tonight. Your O looked like dogshit all night. If our lousy defense can do it to you, anyone else can at this point.

The fact that you and your fellow fans feel such a need to defend an obviously blown call says it all. I'll be rooting for all your opponents from now on..

Sorry coaches-son All American isn't on the team, and you aren't in the MVC anymore, but don't take your tired of losing BS out on some fans for "defending a blown call" when the TV replays showed what looked like a bush to the lower back at the end of the layup.

No shit, our offense looked like dogshit. It was missing its 3rd leading scorer, and a very important piece that the O has worked through all season, and even more so in league play. Guess what, he'll be back in time for the conference tourney, and if not - that tournament that follows that you won't be playing in. Hopefully he is back so we can hand your sorry team (this year) another loss - because you won't be enjoying that 10 point boost from paying at home.

As for next year, we'll again drop you another couple of L's , so just get used to it.

Now go sulk in a few more drinks jackass. Sore F'ing loser.

still saying there was a push.. there wasn't. If you feel the need to change the facts, it obviously bothers you
chicagojayfan

Postby Nildogg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:19 am

cufan10 wrote:

I think your team will be pretty good next year, but don't go betting on a couple of wins next year. You might want to take a closer look at the roster we'll be returning than your fan-boy proclamation of bouncing back and knocking Butler back.
Nildogg

Postby Nildogg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:22 am

chicagojayfan wrote:
still saying there was a push.. there wasn't. If you feel the need to change the facts, it obviously bothers you
[/quote][/quote]

The only replay I saw of it made it look like a push, I have no idea what you are talking about. The only thing that bothers me is a sore f---ing loser. And one on a team with 3 f---ing wins in conference play. Like I said, shut up.
Nildogg

Postby cufan10 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 am

Now go sulk in a few more drinks jackass. Sore F'ing loser.[/quote]

Damn, not looking for a fight hear and ChicagoJay may have been a little over the top but did you forget your year last year? Seems a bit cocky to to be saying you will beat us multiple times next season. As far as our "sorry team" you were in the same place just last year. Good luck in the dance this year I hope you guys go deep.
cufan10

Postby chicagojayfan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:32 am

Nildogg wrote:
chicagojayfan wrote:
[/quote]

The only replay I saw of it made it look like a push, I have no idea what you are talking about. The only thing that bothers me is a sore f---ing loser. And one on a team with 3 f---ing wins in conference play. Like I said, shut up.[/quote]

ewwww.. Internet tough guy breaks out the F-bombs. What? am I supposed to be intimated? Supposed to be all scared of you and "shut up"?

As to the play itself - You must have seen a bad replay or must be blind. admit you got a gift
chicagojayfan

Postby Nildogg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:36 am

cufan10 wrote:
Damn, not looking for a fight hear and ChicagoJay may have been a little over the top but did you forget your year last year? Seems a bit cocky to to be saying you will beat us multiple times next season. As far as our "sorry team" you were in the same place just last year. Good luck in the dance this year I hope you guys go deep.

I really don't have a problem with Creighton, I just have a problem with jackasses like him, and his comments, and then others proclamations of being back over the top of Butler next year, just because. Korver and McD isn't walking through that door, but some of your fans must think so. You had a nice few years there with an incredible CBB player; but that talent and success is not easily duplicated. Its no wonder a guy like him spouts off like he does; he must feel entitled or something?

If you noticed my post before, I said I think Creighton will be much better next year; but I am very confident Butler can be just as good if not better next year.
Nildogg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board