Sat Feb 14, 4 Games - M-C SJ-X SH-P V-B...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat Feb 14, 4 Games - M-C SJ-X SH-P V-B...

Postby Red Rooster » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:43 pm

NJRedman wrote:Forget about Hooper, how about that Pointer though? That kid plays with the intensity of a young Rodman. He only knows one speed and thats fast.

Also, would you have thought two years ago that Harrison would go time as one of the all time greats at St. John's? I never thought he would reach that level. I've been a Johnnies fan for the last 16 years and he's the first i've seen accomplish that. I really like these seniors, they are some of my favorites, up there with Anthony Glover and Eugene Laurence.

Pointer, IMO, may have played himself into being a 1st team All-Big East player. I saw on one of the Johnnies' forums where Pointer is listed in the top 5 in rebounds, steals, and blocks. Listed in the top 10 in FG%, and listed in the top 15 in ppg and assists per game. These are all Big East games. He's playing some very, good ball, and I hope he can keep it going.

I always felt Harrison would do big things. There was just something about him. He being wired to score only reinforced my thoughts about him. The potential was there for him to be a Johnnies great. I'm glad he stuck around, and hopefully, he can cement his legend with an NCAA tournament bid and run.

Speaking of the NCAA, three more conference wins, and I feel we'll be in good shape. Four more wins, and I believe we're a lock.
Red Rooster

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Red Rooster wrote:
NJRedman wrote:Forget about Hooper, how about that Pointer though? That kid plays with the intensity of a young Rodman. He only knows one speed and thats fast.

Also, would you have thought two years ago that Harrison would go time as one of the all time greats at St. John's? I never thought he would reach that level. I've been a Johnnies fan for the last 16 years and he's the first i've seen accomplish that. I really like these seniors, they are some of my favorites, up there with Anthony Glover and Eugene Laurence.

Pointer, IMO, may have played himself into being a 1st team All-Big East player. I saw on one of the Johnnies' forums where Pointer is listed in the top 5 in rebounds, steals, and blocks. Listed in the top 10 in FG%, and listed in the top 15 in ppg and assists per game. These are all Big East games. He's playing some very, good ball, and I hope he can keep it going.

I always felt Harrison would do big things. There was just something about him. He being wired to score only reinforced my thoughts about him. The potential was there for him to be a Johnnies great. I'm glad he stuck around, and hopefully, he can cement his legend with an NCAA tournament bid and run.

Speaking of the NCAA, three more conference wins, and I feel we'll be in good shape. Four more wins, and I believe we're a lock.

Yeah, how many player of the week awards can you get and NOT end up on the 1st team? haha

With regards to Harrison I was talking about how this time 2 years ago harrison was being suspended. At that point who would have thought he would become a great leader of this team and raise his BBall IQ substantially. How many fouls a game does he draw just by being smart and tricking the defender into making contact with him? I also tought he would be a good player but since I never actually seen an all timer in my tenure as a fan I didn't expect him to be my first.

I thought the last group was my favorite group of Johnnies but these seniors have taken that spot. I guess thats what happens when you see a whole class of kids start for four straight years.
NJRedman

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board