Sat Feb 14, 4 Games - M-C SJ-X SH-P V-B...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat Feb 14, 4 Games - M-C SJ-X SH-P V-B...

Postby NJRedman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:34 am

Red Rooster wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
Steve Lavin wrote:I know the Lavin disciples and defenders of his honor will get after me again, but the truth is SJU has a terrible track record of really winning those late season conference games they need to help solidify their NCAA tourney hopes. They seem to cower in these spots. And there always seems to be an injury to a key player holding him out of the lineup when we need him most. That guy is Obekpa today. We also missed Jordan against Butler. A few years back we lost Harrison for suspension at the end of the season. A few years before that we lost Kennedy to a bad injury right before the tourney.

At some point we need to win a game we really have no business winning like @Xavier, @G'Town, or @Nova. Then we need to protect home court. Stainbrook is going to have a field day against a team of midgets today. Even with Obekpa I remember him putting it in at will. Now without him or any real big, it will be a joke and could get very ugly fast.

Xavier: 82
SJU: 70

This is Hooper guys. We all know that right?

With that said, go F right the hell off. You call yourself a St. John's fan? Go root for someone else because we certainly don't want nor need you.

I said it was him a few days ago. He can't fool me, as he's too easily pegged. He's someone who can't get out of his own way because he can't shut his mouth. I knew there was a point where he had trouble consistently with his posts coming through in real time under his Hooper screenname. He once claimed, it took hours before his posts would come through because they were being screened. So, it made sense for him to use another screenname, as his posts would come through in real time. I'm also kind of confident that the "Lavin disciples and defenders" has been previously used by Hooper.

As, one poster once said on this site about Hooper (and, another person similar to him), he's an insufferable, knucklehead who fuels his narcissism by feeling his negativity will effectuate change. Lastly, as much as it offends him, nobody's looking for his opinions, and he shouldn't warrant any attention.

On that note, a boot should be warranted.

Forget about Hooper, how about that Pointer though? That kid plays with the intensity of a young Rodman. He only knows one speed and thats fast.

Also, would you have thought two years ago that Harrison would go time as one of the all time greats at St. John's? I never thought he would reach that level. I've been a Johnnies fan for the last 16 years and he's the first i've seen accomplish that. I really like these seniors, they are some of my favorites, up there with Anthony Glover and Eugene Laurence.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:17 am

Jet915

Postby chicagojayfan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 am

I know nobody else cared, but it was impressive that both the Creighton and Marquette teams played so hard in a game for last place.
chicagojayfan

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:01 am

chicagojayfan wrote:

I know nobody else cared, but it was impressive that both the Creighton and Marquette teams played so hard in a game for last place.

I agree. In a rebuilding year, Creighton has become a tough out in their own building. I wouldn't want to be going into that arena as a team needing a win in the next few weeks because you know that the Bluejays will show up to play.

And hats off to Marquette for competing with Carlino out of the lineup he's a huge loss and I hope he's okay.
Bill Marsh

Postby xavierfano8 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:53 am

Omaha1 wrote:
xavierfano8 wrote:Good win St John's just simply outplayed X today. Wednesday is going to be very big for Xavier playing @UC. Could be telling how the rest of the year is going to go.

How comfortable are we saying XU is solidly in the NCAA field?

As of today I think they would be in, but they aren't making it easy. @UC, @SJU, @Creighton (SR Night), home against Butler and Nova. That's a tough finish.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:22 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:
xavierfano8 wrote:Good win St John's just simply outplayed X today. Wednesday is going to be very big for Xavier playing @UC. Could be telling how the rest of the year is going to go.

As of today I think they would be in, but they aren't making it easy. @UC, @SJU, @Creighton (SR Night), home against Butler and Nova. That's a tough finish.

Yes, it is a tough finish, but barring a complete collapse, they should be able to do enough to get in. All of their final 5 games are winnable. Even if they win only 2 of them and lose in the first round of the BE tournament, they still project an RPI of 43 with an SOS of 12. Even with 14 losses, that should be good enough to get them in.

Who would the committee take instead of them?
Bill Marsh

Postby HoosierPal » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 6 min
Butler's Andrew Chrabascz out minimum of 3 weeks w/ broken finger, source tells @SNYtv . Could be 3-6 weeks.

Amazing how Chrab was able to score those free throws with a broken finger, considering he's not a 80+ FT% guy.
HoosierPal

Postby HoosierPal » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 pm

HoosierPal wrote:Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 6 min
Butler's Andrew Chrabascz out minimum of 3 weeks w/ broken finger, source tells @SNYtv . Could be 3-6 weeks.

Amazing how Chrab was able to score those free throws with a broken finger, considering he's not a 80+ FT% guy.

Now conflicting 'tweets' from insiders. It might be his hand not his finger.

I will quit posting rumors until something official comes out.
HoosierPal

Postby ta111 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:32 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:

It's probably really close right now. Palm at CBS has them in the "work to do" category and Patrick Dtevens had them as an 11 seed before yesterday's game. Really need the UC win, especially after UC stunk up the joint in losing to Tulane.
ta111

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board