Sat Feb 14, 4 Games - M-C SJ-X SH-P V-B...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat Feb 14, 4 Games - M-C SJ-X SH-P V-B...

Postby MackNova » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:46 pm

At this point, it would take a total disaster for Villanova not to win the Big East regular season title. The only game Nova isn't listed as a double-digit favorite on KenPom is the Xavier game at Cintas (which will be very difficult). No reason Nova should lose to Seton Hall with their issues, or Marquette or Creighton. Providence and St. John's are tough opponents, but both games are at home.
MackNova

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Very impressed with the Butler team, the Butler coaches, the Butler crowd, being able to play at Hinkle is fantastic, and so on. Just a very solid addition to the Big East. My father (also a Villanova grad / hoops fanatic) are already talking about what the steak will taste like at St. Elmo's next year. No more nonsense, we are making the trip!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:29 pm

The fear in the Butler locker room tonight is that Chrabascz may have broken his hand. He gets it x-rayed tomorrow. Hotlmann declined to comment on the extent of the injury after the game.

You have to imagine he's out a significant period of time either way. Hoping it's not as serious as believed and he's back for the tournament.

The announcers completely missed it, said his hand was cut. Anyone watching could see the splint on his fingers.
HoosierPal

Postby Xudash » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:40 pm

HoosierPal wrote:The fear in the Butler locker room tonight is that Chrabascz may have broken his hand. He gets it x-rayed tomorrow. Hotlmann declined to comment on the extent of the injury after the game.

You have to imagine he's out a significant period of time either way. Hoping it's not as serious as believed and he's back for the tournament.

The announcers completely missed it, said his hand was cut. Anyone watching could see the splint on his fingers.

You guys should be proud, though. And this is coming from a Xavier fan. I love the fight and focus that Butler achieves.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Xudash wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:The fear in the Butler locker room tonight is that Chrabascz may have broken his hand. He gets it x-rayed tomorrow. Hotlmann declined to comment on the extent of the injury after the game.

You guys should be proud, though. And this is coming from a Xavier fan. I love the fight and focus that Butler achieves.

Yea, X needs to watch Butler and emulate their toughness. We used to play like that, but seemed to of gotten a little softer.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby NJRedman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Good game today X, we'll see you guys again soon. I think there is like 10 days between the two games same with GTown. Whoever made this schedule is horrible.

Butler has bounced back like no one (not even the Butler faithful) could have imagined after what happened last year and when the coach went nuts and ran away. Congratulations on your success this year. I hope NOT to see you guys again this year. haha Good luck the rest of the way, I think you guys will make a nice sweet 16 run this year.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Steve Lavin wrote:I know the Lavin disciples and defenders of his honor will get after me again, but the truth is SJU has a terrible track record of really winning those late season conference games they need to help solidify their NCAA tourney hopes. They seem to cower in these spots. And there always seems to be an injury to a key player holding him out of the lineup when we need him most. That guy is Obekpa today. We also missed Jordan against Butler. A few years back we lost Harrison for suspension at the end of the season. A few years before that we lost Kennedy to a bad injury right before the tourney.

At some point we need to win a game we really have no business winning like @Xavier, @G'Town, or @Nova. Then we need to protect home court. Stainbrook is going to have a field day against a team of midgets today. Even with Obekpa I remember him putting it in at will. Now without him or any real big, it will be a joke and could get very ugly fast.

Xavier: 82
SJU: 70

This is Hooper guys. We all know that right?

With that said, go F right the hell off. You call yourself a St. John's fan? Go root for someone else because we certainly don't want nor need you.
NJRedman

Postby xsteve1 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Lavin's a better coach than he gets credit for. That program was in the graveyard when he got there. The way the Johnies moved the ball was impressive. Definitely was impressed with the team from NY today.
xsteve1

Postby Xudash » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:18 am

NJRedman wrote:Good game today X, we'll see you guys again soon. I think there is like 10 days between the two games same with GTown. Whoever made this schedule is horrible.

Butler has bounced back like no one (not even the Butler faithful) could have imagined after what happened last year and when the coach went nuts and ran away. Congratulations on your success this year. I hope NOT to see you guys again this year. haha Good luck the rest of the way, I think you guys will make a nice sweet 16 run this year.

Congrats to you guys today. It truly is hell trying to win a game as a visitor at the CC. I am very impressed with the athleticism and fight of your team. I hope we pay you back at your place, but I doubt this X crew is up to it.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Red Rooster » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 am

NJRedman wrote:
Steve Lavin wrote:I know the Lavin disciples and defenders of his honor will get after me again, but the truth is SJU has a terrible track record of really winning those late season conference games they need to help solidify their NCAA tourney hopes. They seem to cower in these spots. And there always seems to be an injury to a key player holding him out of the lineup when we need him most. That guy is Obekpa today. We also missed Jordan against Butler. A few years back we lost Harrison for suspension at the end of the season. A few years before that we lost Kennedy to a bad injury right before the tourney.

At some point we need to win a game we really have no business winning like @Xavier, @G'Town, or @Nova. Then we need to protect home court. Stainbrook is going to have a field day against a team of midgets today. Even with Obekpa I remember him putting it in at will. Now without him or any real big, it will be a joke and could get very ugly fast.

Xavier: 82
SJU: 70

This is Hooper guys. We all know that right?

With that said, go F right the hell off. You call yourself a St. John's fan? Go root for someone else because we certainly don't want nor need you.

I said it was him a few days ago. He can't fool me, as he's too easily pegged. He's someone who can't get out of his own way because he can't shut his mouth. I knew there was a point where he had trouble with his posts consistently coming through in real time under his Hooper screenname. He once claimed, it took hours before his posts would come through because they were being screened. So, it made sense for him to use another screenname, as his posts would come through in real time. I'm also kind of confident that the "Lavin disciples and defenders" has been previously used by Hooper.

As, one poster once said on this site about Hooper (and, another person similar to him), he's an insufferable, knucklehead who fuels his narcissism by feeling his negativity will effectuate change. Lastly, as much as it offends him, nobody's looking for his opinions, and he shouldn't warrant any attention.

On that note, a boot should be warranted.
Red Rooster

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board