Same Feeling About SJU From Last Year

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Steve Lavin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 pm

For some reason I have that same feeling in the pit of my stomach as I did last year. SJU is in an eerily similar situation. Stayed afloat during OOC play, then once the conference season came fell flat on our face. Looked dead, then woke up dizzy in the middle of conference play rattling off a few badly needed wins. With work to still be done, the table is set. SJU needs to beat Nova, Xavier, or G'Town (likely multiple). The pressure builds, fans get excited. This may be our year…we are due to beat Nova or go on a streak into the tourney! Game comes, and the team falls flat. BET comes and 1 and done. Fans go home quietly with their tails between their legs like we've seen so much this decade.

If any team is due to go on some stupid miraculous run and win the BET, it's St. John's. Law of averages come on…catch up already. This team has won something like 2 BET games in the past 15 years.
Steve Lavin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Same Feeling About SJU From Last Year

Postby milksteak » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:31 pm

*yawn*...
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Re: Same Feeling About SJU From Last Year

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:30 pm

milksteak wrote:*yawn*...

Ditto.

Another jerk who calls themselves a St. John's fan. I bet you it's a poster who has been banned at some point or isn't well-received on either of the main Johnnies' boards.

I wouldn't be shocked, if this is SJHooper. It kinda sounds like one of his rants. He was once complaining about his posts showing up about 3 hours later when posting under his Hooper account. Maybe, he found another name, so to avoid the delay. He's been known to circumvent sites, so he can post.
Red Rooster

Return to Big East basketball message board