Jaren Sina leaves Seton Hall

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Jaren Sina leaves Seton Hall

Postby Steve Lavin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 pm

The fact that Sina left with SHU on the bubble and still very much in play for the tourney tells me that the situation is really that bad.

It's not like when Lindsey left SJU suddenly in the beginning of the season. As someone before said, Willard sold the farm and his soul to get Whitehead and it seems like karma is at play here. I feel bad for SHU though…being a SJU fan I know exactly what you guys go through. We may both miss the tourney yet again with damn good teams. If so then I think we need two coaching changes.
Steve Lavin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 am

Steve Lavin wrote:The fact that Sina left with SHU on the bubble and still very much in play for the tourney tells me that the situation is really that bad.

It's not like when Lindsey left SJU suddenly in the beginning of the season. As someone before said, Willard sold the farm and his soul to get Whitehead and it seems like karma is at play here. I feel bad for SHU though…being a SJU fan I know exactly what you guys go through. We may both miss the tourney yet again with damn good teams. If so then I think we need two coaching changes.

SHU may technically be on the bubble, but with them needing 3 wins- and 4 road games left with PC, Nova, St John's, and Georgetown- that's a VERY tall order.
stever20

Postby shupirate98 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:49 am

All I'll say is that Seton Hall is sitting on a time bomb right now. And when it goes off nobody survives.
shupirate98

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:17 am

shupat2008 wrote:Not my first post... Long time poster (shupat08) forgot my password!

Anyways, as a SHU fan I am ashamed... This may be the beginning of a pretty dark time for SHU if what apparently transpired ever comes to light.

I just hope Jaren has a great career wherever he winds up.

KW, Staff & Players may have a lot of explaining to do in the near future.

Ugh. Utterly disgusted and disgraced today.

Very sad and scary situation.

Why don't you tell us what you're talking about in plain English or link a source that will. :?:
Last edited by Bill Marsh on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Marsh

Postby BEhomer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 am

any chance sina was part of the problem and he was forced out? leaving a team mid-season, no matter what the reason is, is not something a good teammate would do.
BEhomer

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:06 am

Bill Marsh wrote:
shupat2008 wrote:Not my first post... Long time poster (shupat08) forgot my password!

Anyways, as a SHU fan I am ashamed... This may be the beginning of a pretty dark time for SHU if what apparently transpired ever comes to light.

I just hope Jaren has a great career wherever he winds up.

KW, Staff & Players may have a lot of explaining to do in the near future.

Ugh. Utterly disgusted and disgraced today.

Very sad and scary situation.

Why don't you tellus what you're talking about in plain English or link a source that will. :?:

There is no source. If there was then these things he's suggesting would have already "come to light." He's either speculating or claiming to have some inside info- I'm not sure which. Either way, it's smart of him not to elaborate at this point as doing so would only start some ugly rumors. If it's anything newsworthy, we'll all find out soon enough anyway.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:51 am

The crazy part is that there doesn't seem to be a consensus for what the problem is at Seton Hall despite there clearly being a problem:

"There's a group of folks who think he left because Gibbs and Whitehead are feuding and fighting.
There's a group that puts it on Whitehead's crew (assistant coach, Whitehead, Whitehead's AAU teammates) being selfish and creating the environment.
There's a group that claims all those guys are team players and it's Gibbs that is the complete ass.
And there's a shockingly compelling group that claims Sina really left because Willard made him PT promises and finally benched him last night because Whitehead and Gibbs are both better and the team had been getting Editeded for a while at his PT despite not being very good."
hoyahooligan

Postby BEhomer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 am

judging from on court performances (because that's all i can go by right now), i don't think whitehead's play has been selfish at all. his turnovers come from trying to pass the ball. he's more willing to drive to the basket and dish. it's gibbs who looks more selfish. he holds the ball too long and is always looking to score.
BEhomer

Postby aughnanure » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:36 pm

“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby milksteak » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Willard has to go at the end of the season. There's really no other way around this.

If you do nothing as an administrator, your fans will assume you don't care.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board