Jaren Sina leaves Seton Hall

The home for Big East hoops

Postby shupirate98 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Immediately. Gone. Done. Willard has completely lost control.
shupirate98

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jaren Sina leaves Seton Hall

Postby ivet » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Whow, whats going on in the locker room?

“I tried my best. I think it was a good teammate,” Sina told Carino. “I’ve always been positive. I’ve always worked hard. I always gave it 100 percent. It’s not a good situation for me right now. At the end of the day, I think it’s best for me and my family.”

The 6-foot-2 sophomore guard out of Gill St. Bernard’s is averaging 7.0 points and 2.3 assists.
ivet

Postby Jet915 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:37 pm

WOW. WTF.........this team is weak mentally or there are some bad chemistry on this team. Too bad, with Gibbs, Sina, Whitehead and Delgado, this team "had" some good pieces.
Jet915

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 pm

jesus
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby redmen9194 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:57 pm

AT the beginning of the season I thought the Hall was still a year away from the tourney. Then they had the good non-con AND good conference start. I don't understand how Willard could have lost the team so quickly and under such circumstances. Usually that happens when a team is losing. I just don't get this at all.
redmen9194

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Wow. That's BIG news. It's not that Sina is that great of a player IMO, but I think it signals that the inmates are running the asylum. He mentioned that the locker room was "no longer tenable." And last night Gibbs and Whitehead apparently had to be separated. Sounds like more drama to soon follow. If those two aren't on the same page, then SHU is really in trouble.

I've never seen a program go from such high hopes (after the Nova-SJU victories) to complete dysfunction in a matter of weeks. What the hell is going on there? That's the problem with bringing in a class of huge egos. If you don't manage them well it blows up in your face. Willard does not strike me as someone who could take complete control of anything. Bad coaching, period.

Just wished the schedule makers had put Nova @SHU towards the back of the season instead of the front. :D
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:08 pm

The Hall is clearly unraveling. Siena is a good player. He played well in the upset of Villanova in last year's BE tournament, did things that don't show up in the box score. He has 2 years left, so I imagine that there will be schools that show an interest in him.

Steve Masiello, is that your phone ringing?
Bill Marsh

Postby Hall2012 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 pm

It's a shame because Sina was one of very few who actually seemed to care about the team these past few weeks. I can't say I blame him at all for wanting to leave this mess. If it was just a team struggling to win basketball games that would be on thing, but this isn't a team at all. Best of luck to him. I hope he lands in a good situation where he can experience the team success he deserves.

I fear he may be only the first of many to go.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby XU85 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:12 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Wow. That's BIG news. It's not that Sina is that great of a player IMO, but I think it signals that the inmates are running the asylum. He mentioned that the locker room was "no longer tenable." And last night Gibbs and Whitehead apparently had to be separated. Sounds like more drama to soon follow. If those two aren't on the same page, then SHU is really in trouble.

I've never seen a program go from such high hopes (after the Nova-SJU victories) to complete dysfunction in a matter of weeks. What the hell is going on there? That's the problem with bringing in a class of huge egos. If you don't manage them well it blows up in your face. Willard does not strike me as someone who could take complete control of anything. Bad coaching, period.

Just wished the schedule makers had put Nova @SHU towards the back of the season instead of the front. :D

My sentiments exactly. I feel bad the train wrecked, but too bad it didn't wreck until after they beat X!
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Sin a had interest from the Big Ten coming out of high school, including Indiana and Northwestern, so there could be big time schools willing to consider him the second time around.
Bill Marsh

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board