Awful Announcing: Will Big East Low Ratings Scare B1G Away?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Awful Announcing: Will Big East Low Ratings Scare B1G Aw

Postby stever20 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:24 am

MUPanther wrote:Many are guessing that the Big Ten goes with FOX or ESPN. I'm guessing a split with both FOX and ESPN just like the Big 12 and Pac-12 in football.

I think you are forgetting CBS. I don't see them losing their Big Ten games at all in basketball.

And I think some are over-estimating the impact of Big Ten with basketball. This weekend, there are 6 Big Ten games. 1 is on ESPN, 1 is on CBS, and the other 4 are on the Big Ten network. I don't know that the Big Ten is going to want to move off of their own network any games quite frankly.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby robinreed » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:10 am

Some on this board are taking exception with my saying the Big East would be "second fiddle" to the B10 on FSN 1. This is not an insult or in any way derogatory. The second fiddle is the second most important person in the string section of any orchestra. We should be both proud and pleased to be the second fiddle to the B10 especially if it gets us increased security, greater ratings and more stability.

I also agree with DeltaV that a major grab such as signing the B10 may be essential to the long term health and welfare, and possibly the very existence of FSN.
We can not make college basketball on FSN a success by ourselves. Many like to believe that because the quality of our BB product is very good that will be enough. However only significantly increased viewership numbers are enough. I don't accept that the B10 teams are better than the top 7 BE teams however their fan base clearly is superior.
robinreed

Postby MUPanther » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:47 am

stever20 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Many are guessing that the Big Ten goes with FOX or ESPN. I'm guessing a split with both FOX and ESPN just like the Big 12 and Pac-12 in football.

I think you are forgetting CBS. I don't see them losing their Big Ten games at all in basketball.

And I think some are over-estimating the impact of Big Ten with basketball. This weekend, there are 6 Big Ten games. 1 is on ESPN, 1 is on CBS, and the other 4 are on the Big Ten network. I don't know that the Big Ten is going to want to move off of their own network any games quite frankly.

Ok, fine, I don't doudt that. That's normally is a sublicense deal. I still see that.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board