Tue Feb 10th, 2 Games - GU-SHU, XU-MU...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tue Feb 10th, 2 Games - GU-SHU, XU-MU...

Postby EMT » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:40 pm

Just the team I'm worried about for PC
EMT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RedStormHoops » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:41 pm

If seton hall doesn't beat providence I fear they are done.

After that they are playing two very angry teams on the road whom they beat earlier this year. I've heard from the SJU players, they are steamed they lost the first one and are coming after seton hall hard. I'm sure villanova feels the same way. If seton hall keeps playing like they did tonight they won't be able to match the intensity of the cats and SJU
RedStormHoops

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:05 pm

stever20 wrote:Glad that Georgetown got the win, really just about clinches a spot for us in the tourney unless we really lose out now. With 3/5 at home, that shouldn't happen.

By "us", you mean Seton Hall losing opened up an at large bid for the AAC or A10 right?
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby shupirate98 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:07 pm

For those who questioned me when I said Kevin Willard has lost this Seton Hall team just like he's lost every Seton Hall team he's had...

Gibbs and Whitehead were openly fighting on the bench tonight.

Willard said postgame that he would not discuss chemistry issues. Which of course is an acknowledgement that there are chemistry issues.

There are reports that arena security had to be called into the locker room tonight. For the first time this season the locker room was never opened to the media.

Immediately after the game Whitehead removed all references to Seton Hall from his Twitter account. He did find time to thank some no-name rapper for coming to the game tonight though. Good to see he's focused on what's truly important in these trying times.

So...yeah. Great coach we've got here.
shupirate98

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 pm

I really hope this Xavier team has officially turned the corner. X has looked great these last 2 games, and are finally confident with a zone defense. I am going to miss Dee next year, he has such a high iq.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Big win for Xavier. Got a chance to really clinch a spot in the next few weeks- then try to get away from what looks like a 8 or 9 type seeding.
stever20

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:41 pm

shupirate98 wrote:For those who questioned me when I said Kevin Willard has lost this Seton Hall team just like he's lost every Seton Hall team he's had...

Gibbs and Whitehead were openly fighting on the bench tonight.

Willard said postgame that he would not discuss chemistry issues. Which of course is an acknowledgement that there are chemistry issues.

There are reports that arena security had to be called into the locker room tonight. For the first time this season the locker room was never opened to the media.

Immediately after the game Whitehead removed all references to Seton Hall from his Twitter account. He did find time to thank some no-name rapper for coming to the game tonight though. Good to see he's focused on what's truly important in these trying times.

So...yeah. Great coach we've got here.

It sure looks like you were right. I'm eating my words.
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 pm

just amazing how Seton Hall has gone in 10 days from being seemingly a lock to being almost certainly out. Yeah, technically they could still win 3 games and have a shot, but they have shown nothing to indicate that's a possibility right now. Will Willard survive this?
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

I'm very impressed that the Hoyas were able to blow out a team on the road despite playing 5 on 8. Completely ridiculously biased officiating. With half way decent refs we win by 40. That sounds like I'm joking, and I partially am, but a lot of those calls were mind boggling. Best one being Jabril going for a layup getting hacked to the ground and being called for a foul inexplicably from the ref at mid court while the ref right in front of the play calls out of bounds. So many clean blocks by the Hoyas that got called fouls. Seton Hall was completely out of control flinging themselves into players standing still and getting calls. We had to play with out either center because of the BS refs and we still stomped the Hall.
hoyahooligan

Postby Bluejay » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:26 am

I'm certainly not going to defend Willard's coaching, but Whitehead might be even more culpable in this. When a team plays well with a kid on the bench for several games and then the kid returns to the lineup and the team suddenly struggles, the kid may be the problem. Frankly it sounds to me like Whitehead is a locker room and team cancer.
Bluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board