Tue Feb 10th, 2 Games - GU-SHU, XU-MU...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tue Feb 10th, 2 Games - GU-SHU, XU-MU...

Postby RedStormHoops » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:36 am

Bluejay wrote:I'm certainly not going to defend Willard's coaching, but Whitehead might be even more culpable in this. When a team plays well with a kid on the bench for several games and then the kid returns to the lineup and the team suddenly struggles, the kid may be the problem. Frankly it sounds to me like Whitehead is a locker room and team cancer.

I think whitehead is a big part of the problem, but to be fair the seton hall loss that really started all of this downfall was losing to DePaul at home when they had a 8 point lead with not much time left. Whitehead didn't play in that game
RedStormHoops

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and since it involves Marquette's loss, thought I'd add this here. Kind of a crazy stat:

With its loss tonight, Marquette will be the 10th straight Creighton MBB opponent coming off a loss when it faces the Bluejays.
TrueBlueJay

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:27 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and since it involves Marquette's loss, thought I'd add this here. Kind of a crazy stat:

With its loss tonight, Marquette will be the 10th straight Creighton MBB opponent coming off a loss when it faces the Bluejays.

and look at what's coming up-
2/16 Butler(game before is Villanova)
2/24 DePaul(game before is @ Georgetown)
2/28 Seton Hall(game before is @ St John's)
3/3 Villanova(game before is @ Xavier)
3/7 Xavier(game before is Villanova)

so next 3 games easily could keep the streak alive. It will end in March guaranteed as one of Villanova or Xavier has to win.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board