Sat 2-7 Big East Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat 2-7 Big East Games

Postby Xudash » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm

pki1998 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:20,587 for Villanova's sell out. Xavier and Butler had sell outs as well.

Georgetown @ Villanova – 20,587 (Sell Out)
Creighton @ St. John’s – 10,759
Providence @ Xavier – 10,250 (Sell Out)
DePaul @ Butler – 9,100 (Sell Out)
Marquette @ Seton Hall – 8,566

Total attendance was 59,262, that’s a pretty great day for attendance. Big exposure on Fox/Fox Sports 1, and great attendance is winning combination.

As an added bonus a Xavier play even made top plays on ESPN.

That's just wonderful to read. Look at that Nova/GU game!
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:27 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
stever20 wrote:Xavier with the HUGE win today probably getting them safe. Now only need 4 wins, with 3 home games, and 2 road games at Marquette and Creighton. Tuesday a big game though at Marquette, a win here goes a long way. A loss here and the road/neutral record comes into play, and it also mitigates the win today in large part.
St John's with a game they absolutely had to have.. Wednesday huge for them vs DePaul- if nothing else have to win to get a chance in tiebreakers.

Seton Hall now in deep trouble of course. They have to go 4-3 against a brutal back loaded schedule. seems like NIT at best for Seton Hall- and you just wonder if they fall apart here, if we may see a coaching change there. Like 1-6 the rest of the way(making it a 1-8 finish). Just looking at Ken Pom, they're projected 3-4 rest of the way, with Georgetown at home on Tuesday as the lowest of their 3 wins(at 52%). So would say that is absolutely a must win.

And SHU gets a team that has dropped two in a row--the last being a shellacking on national TV. I would think G'twn will be very focused. And with all the hype of the SHU Frosh I could see Copeland, Peak and White being all the more amped for the game. Not sure SHU will be able to handle the G'twn size. I'd bet heavy on the Hoyas.

I agree with you 100%. That's tough.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board