St. Johns - undisciplined and immature

The home for Big East hoops

Re: St. Johns - undisciplined and immature

Postby NJRedman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:44 pm

78 friar wrote:I honestly believe that if a poll was taken amongst the big east fans, both new and old, St. Johns would win the most hated team in the conference award in a landslide. For the conference sake, its time for St. Johns to get rid of Lavin, come up with some cash, and get Billy Donovan back home to New York to bring a once proud program back to respectability.

Dude, most of us are Yankees fans. We couldn't care less about being hated, we're used to it
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:45 pm

NJRedman wrote:
78 friar wrote:I honestly believe that if a poll was taken amongst the big east fans, both new and old, St. Johns would win the most hated team in the conference award in a landslide. For the conference sake, its time for St. Johns to get rid of Lavin, come up with some cash, and get Billy Donovan back home to New York to bring a once proud program back to respectability.

Dude, most of us are Yankees fans. We couldn't care less about being hated, we're used to it

I would gladly hate st johns for being the evil empire of the league. Hating them now for different reasons isn't as fun
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby Bluejay » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:40 pm

NJRedman wrote:BTW did you see the kid flinch like a bitch when Pointer turned around and looked at him? hahahahaha

I just want to say that the above quote is the absolute epitome of St John's right now. Much more important to look cool than to, you know, win games.
Bluejay

Postby FDS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Bluejay wrote:
NJRedman wrote:BTW did you see the kid flinch like a bitch when Pointer turned around and looked at him? hahahahaha

I just want to say that the above quote is the absolute epitome of St John's right now. Much more important to look cool than to, you know, win games.

Haha... If you can even say that pointer looks "cool" after The Flop. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... 56812.html even PTI ran a segment on Sir'Flops Pointer.
FDS

Postby Edrick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:37 pm

There are a lot of programs that have reputations of being 'thuggish' or whatever you want to call it. It happens. There's nothing wrong with cultivating an image and playing to it, that's how brands are made.

That kind of thing can't really intersect with only having one Tournament win in the century over three appearances. If it does, you're sort of painted into a corner by the other thing. People may not respect a 'nice' loser (like Northwestern), but their alumni certainly aren't getting embarrassed by them either.

You only have one path, if that's what you're going to recruit to, and that includes a lot more winning. Not getting respected > not getting respected & being embarrassing.
Edrick

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Gumby, Villanova beating St. John's the last 8 of 9 is VERY generous, it is honestly more like the last 14 out of 15. We have OWNED St. John's recently. They have not won a tournament game since 2000 and we have been to a Final 4, an Elite 8, numerous Sweet 16s, all within the last decade. As of right now Villanova and St. John's don't even belong in the same sentence. Even our Philly "rival" St. Joe's (joke) has had more success against us and in the tournament than St. John's has in the last 15 years.

I live in St. John's country and half these guys still act like Chris Mullin is about to walk through that door. It is a mess, and will continue to be that way until Lavin is gone.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:11 pm

FriarJ wrote:No team has celebrated their pre-season rankings or expectations more than the Johnnies and once again it has bit them in the butt. Lavin needs to do a better job of corralling this. He has patently failed as a leader.

Go back to Friar Talk, and worry about St. John's like half of the board tend to do over there.
Red Rooster

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Red Rooster wrote:
FriarJ wrote:No team has celebrated their pre-season rankings or expectations more than the Johnnies and once again it has bit them in the butt. Lavin needs to do a better job of corralling this. He has patently failed as a leader.

Go back to Friar Talk, and worry about St. John's like half of the board tend to do over there.

Red Rooster has every right to defend his team. But if you look at the last part of my post right before his, this is exactly my point. Nobody has really been intimidated or concerned with St. John's (maybe in the preseason when expectations are high before they shit the bed) for some time now, and their fans still act like they are a force in college basketball. It has been some time now.....we are all rooting for you.....
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby FriarJ » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Red Rooster wrote:

Deal with it man. You guys come on here every year proclaiming your superiority your players run their mouth about having the best backcourt in the country and then when the BE season comes calling and a team like Butler that matches up well with you punches you in the mouth, the team folds like a tent. same crap different year. Don't want us yapping then stop proclaiming how damn great your going to be. Most of us knew this was a weak team mentally and are not surprised they lost their minds last game.
FriarJ

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:35 pm

FriarJ wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:

Deal with it man. You guys come on here every year proclaiming your superiority your players run their mouth about having the best backcourt in the country and then when the BE season comes calling and a team like Butler that matches up well with you punches you in the mouth, the team folds like a tent. same crap different year. Don't want us yapping then stop proclaiming how damn great your going to be. Most of us knew this was a weak team mentally and are not surprised they lost their minds last game.

I don't have to deal with anything. You worry about St. John's too much. Go back to your team site, and bitch and moan about the Johnnies. Deal with being swept (and, getting punched in the mouth and folding like a tent). Both games was won going away. Deal with that, big mouth!
Last edited by Red Rooster on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Red Rooster

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board