Tue Feb 3rd (2 Games) - SJU v Butler, Seton v DePaul...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tue Feb 3rd (2 Games) - SJU v Butler, Seton v DePaul...

Postby murphy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:51 pm

DudeAnon wrote:I read opposing message boards just because I am a loser with too much time on my hands. In my opinion, the worst 2 I have seen are Dayton and Butler.

UDPride is simply delusional and obsessed with the NBE and Xavier. There are more posts for when Xavier loses than any other thread in there.

Butler on the other hand seems to be insecure. I remember reading some of their stuff on the pre-game thread for Xavier. There were some who were hoping that Trevon Bluiett would get a concussion during the game because he committed to X instead of Butler.

The rest are all pretty similar. Some pessimists, some apologists and a good number of middle ground who just enjoy talking about their team.

dudeanon, Lets all try to be honest here, Why are you making things up about UDpride website. I browse UDpride on a regular basis and there is virtually no mention of XU since early on in 2014. There are some posts about the BE, but you see just about as many about the B1G and ACC. I think you are the delusional one in this case.
murphy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby HoosierPal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:04 pm

SJHooper wrote:You have to remember the Butler community is more countrified. Different culture. Now I know, you guys are going to act like Indianapolis is a major city. To NYC Indianapolis is a few buildings surrounded by farm land. Butler is a team with lots of kids from the country.

This gave me a good laugh. So, yeah, I drove my John Deere tractor to the game last night, parked it in the cow pasture next to Hinkle, cinched up my bib overalls, knocked the tobaccy out of my corn cob pipe, and then sauntered into the game. I had to leave early to go back to the farm and milk the cows.

Here are the cities where our countrified players reside.
Aldridge - Sydney Australia (does that qualify as countrified?)
Etherington - Cicero - OK, country
Baflow - Cincy
Dunha - Pendleton - far suburb of Indy.
Wideman - Chicago suburb
Davis - Lexington KY
Jones - metro St. Louis
Martin and Woods - Louisville
Chrab - Portsmouth RI
HoosierPal

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:33 pm

murphy wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:I read opposing message boards just because I am a loser with too much time on my hands. In my opinion, the worst 2 I have seen are Dayton and Butler.

UDPride is simply delusional and obsessed with the NBE and Xavier. There are more posts for when Xavier loses than any other thread in there.

Butler on the other hand seems to be insecure. I remember reading some of their stuff on the pre-game thread for Xavier. There were some who were hoping that Trevon Bluiett would get a concussion during the game because he committed to X instead of Butler.

The rest are all pretty similar. Some pessimists, some apologists and a good number of middle ground who just enjoy talking about their team.

dudeanon, Lets all try to be honest here, Why are you making things up about UDpride website. I browse UDpride on a regular basis and there is virtually no mention of XU since early on in 2014. There are some posts about the BE, but you see just about as many about the B1G and ACC. I think you are the delusional one in this case.

Like I said, delusional. Here are some choice quotes from the past 24 hours
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthrea ... 272&page=8

They don't even spell out Xavier, they use _avier
-I watched the 2nd half of St Johns vs Butler. The Johnnies have adopted the _avier philosophy when losing; "if you can't beat 'em, start taking cheap shots"! I gotta believe Lavin's act is wearing thin...

In response to the above post
-Or, "If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em up!" Gangsta code, I guess...

Another response
-Remember when Kenny Frease (Xavier Player) assaulted Yancy Gates fist with his face? Ahh, good times.

And lastly,
-Yancy Gates is a man's man and did the world a favor with this: (Picture of Xavier player getting punched in the face) I only wish he could have been given a couple more minutes to finish his business.
Last edited by DudeAnon on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby butlerchris » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:41 pm

I just reviewed this thread and unless I missed something it was a Creighton fan that described SJ as "looking like thugs". At any rate here is one BU fan who thinks SJU is a fine University. Shit happens, move on.
butlerchris

Postby BEhomer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:03 pm

so is butler st. johns setting up to be the first real rivalry in NBE? never could've expected this but i love it. as a neutral BE fan i think this is great. and they are really the two opposite end of spectrum kind of teams too. butler is well disciplined, tough, and smart. st john's more athletic, emotional, and always enigmatic.
BEhomer

Postby milksteak » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Dumb thread. On to the next one.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board