BE 1st team

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BE 1st team

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 am

You make a compelling argument. Well done, sir.

In my own defense I'll just note that I was not saying that 3 games is an acceptable sample size. My point was just to show how quickly a 1-game comparison can turn once a couple more games are thrown into the mix.

As for Woods, I have no argument with you that Ochefu is the better player. I think my original comment on the subject was that Woods should be in the conversation.

Again, your points are all well taken and well stated.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Amase2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 am

Bill Marsh wrote:I'll take C because he's a money player whom I've seen come through in the clutch way too many times. He's also a true point guard who does a great job running his team's offense. After him, I'll take A, then B.

C was smith rivera who I would keep ahead of Harrison at this point because his team is having greater success, but you think he is a true point guard?
Amase2

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:20 am

Amase2 wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:I'll take C because he's a money player whom I've seen come through in the clutch way too many times. He's also a true point guard who does a great job running his team's offense. After him, I'll take A, then B.

C was smith rivera who I would keep ahead of Harrison at this point because his team is having greater success, but you think he is a true point guard?

He is at this point in his career.
Bill Marsh

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:26 am

Darrun Hilliard has to be a 1st teamer. The kid is just so poised. As a Villanova fan I just feel so much more comfortable when he is on the court. He had a tremendous game against G'Town. Just a heck of a college hoops player and he does it with class.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:21 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Darrun Hilliard has to be a 1st teamer. The kid is just so poised. As a Villanova fan I just feel so much more comfortable when he is on the court. He had a tremendous game against G'Town. Just a heck of a college hoops player and he does it with class.

I agree. In addition to being the leading scorer on the best team in the conference, he's also an excellent defender, something which is rarely mentioned in these discussions.
Bill Marsh

Postby Amase2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:34 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Darrun Hilliard has to be a 1st teamer. The kid is just so poised. As a Villanova fan I just feel so much more comfortable when he is on the court. He had a tremendous game against G'Town. Just a heck of a college hoops player and he does it with class.

Love watching that kid play. Everything you said was spot on and hes been beating my team all four years hes been there.
Amase2

Postby walijones » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm glad to see fans of other programs recognizing Hilliard. He's got to be on the first team, stats be damned, because he's the best player on the best team. And don't look now, but check out Ryan Arch's shooting stats for Big East games only. There is no way that he belongs on the first team, because there are too many others that deserve it. But if Hilliard is the best player for Villanova, then Archie is the most important. Is that even possible??
walijones

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board