Thurs Jan 29th (1 Game) - DePaul at PC - 2pm...!

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:44 pm

One game today in the Big East...

2pm, DePaul at Providence, FS1.

This game was re-scheduled because of the snowstorm on Tuesday. Tickets can be purchased for $1...! And you can sit basically anywhere. 7 rows up at half court? Sure! There will be a very light crowd, because many people had 2 days off from work, and can't take a 3rd straight day. So I won't be there.

Anyway, big game. The Friars are 11 point favorites, which seems nuts, but Vegas usually has a good sense of the numbers so I'm banking on that. I haven't heard much about the Fleetwood Mac concert.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Thurs Jan 29th (1 Game) - DePaul at PC - 2pm...!

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Please win PC.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 pm

with the upcoming schedule for PC- this is a huge game. After today- it's @ St John's, @ Georgetown, @ Xavier, followed by home game with Nova. Ken Pom has PC projected to lose all 4 of those.
stever20

Postby OldSchoolDemon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Jet915 wrote:Please win PC.

yes...we wouldn't want to bring down the conference...stay in you're dirty hole DePaul and suck like a good little bottom feeder
OldSchoolDemon

Postby HoopDreams » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Starting to see the frustration set in for Jays fans but what would you expect when they don't have daddy's son to beat off to all season long.
HoopDreams

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:14 pm

OldSchoolDemon wrote:

yes...we wouldn't want to bring down the conference...stay in you're dirty hole DePaul and suck like a good little bottom feeder

Hey, if DePaul had any realistic shot at an at-large bid themselves, we'd all happily root for them to do well too. Unfortunately, that ship sailed in December. Best of luck to you guys in the BET though. After all you've gone through recently, it would be awesome to see you guys get the auto bid.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby OldSchoolDemon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
OldSchoolDemon wrote:

Hey, if DePaul had any realistic shot at an at-large bid themselves, we'd all happily root for them to do well too. Unfortunately, that ship sailed in December. Best of luck to you guys in the BET though. After all you've gone through recently, it would be awesome to see you guys get the auto bid.

word Hall. The losing to DPU and it reducing bids is overplayed...last I looked it has not hurt Xavier nor Seton Hall or even St. Johns from an RPI perspective and last I checked identity theives don't select the teams participating in the tourney
OldSchoolDemon

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Right now the DePaul and Creighton games are absolutely why St John's wouldn't be in the tourney right now. To say otherwise is foolish.
stever20

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 pm

OldSchoolDemon wrote:
word Hall. The losing to DPU and it reducing bids is overplayed...last I looked it has not hurt Xavier nor Seton Hall or even St. Johns from an RPI perspective and last I checked identity theives don't select the teams participating in the tourney

Ehh...it definitely hurt, but with the number of Big East wins DePaul has since picked up, it's not devastating. I know Seton Hall went into the DePaul game with an RPI of 20ish and came out sub-40. So while they were able to absorb it and stay in at-large bid territory, it certainly did some damage as far as their projected seed. I assume the Xavier result was similar because, just like Seton Hall, they still appear to be on the right side of the bubble. But if one of them loses to the Demons again? They could be in trouble. As for St. John's...the quantity of losses hurts them a lot more than the fact that one was to DePaul.

I get your frustration and certainly don't expect the Demons to roll over for the bubble teams, as Seton Hall did the exact same thing DePaul is doing last year. They absolutely shit the bed OOC with a couple of 200+ (may have even been 250+) rpi losses, then proceeded to sweep a pair of bubble teams in Georgetown and Xavier, beat another bubble team in Providence, and then beat Villanova. The losses to SHU alone cost Villanova a 1 seed, dropped Xavier to a "first round game," knocked Georgetown out of the field completely, and would have knocked Providence out as well had they not won the BET, but still likely hurt their seed. Now could they all have pointed to any other loss and said "if we had just won that one"...? probably, but Seton Hall with the sub-100 RPI was the major black spot on the resume and the obvious game that jumped out as the one they "should have won."
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby FormulaX » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Is there a big crowd? Kind of funny, Depaul might catch a break and steal another road win. It doesn't seem like people are picking on the bottom teams. They just want whats best for the conference in these critical years. I'm an X fan and will be going to the Nova vs depaul game on Sat. Kind of scared to even root against the first place team. Might be just cheering for Nova?
FormulaX

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board