Wed Jan 28th (2g) - Seton-MU, SJU-Creighton...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Wed Jan 28th (2g) - Seton-MU, SJU-Creighton...

Postby XU85 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:19 am

XUFan09 wrote:Actually, it does matter which side of the schedule you succeed in. Creighton is the guy that brought a 12-pack of decent beer to the party but only drank a couple beers. DePaul is the guy who brought a 6-pack of cheap beer and then binge-drank the craft beer (In this analogy, Villanova brought a case of craft beer).

Now, some resent or hate DePaul, but I don't. They are still fighting to win and should be; no one should expect them to play nice for the rest of the conference. I'm not mad at them for beating Xavier after bringing in a poor non-conference performance; I'm pissed at Xavier for losing a game that they definitely should have won. I view the DePaul loss the same way I view the loss to Auburn, a non-conference opponent. I didn't expect a weak Auburn team to do anything for the good of Xavier and I didn't expect DePaul to do anything for the good of the conference.

XUFan09: You have my vote for post of the month! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cu blujs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 am

Frankly, I hope CU dishes out about 9 more "bad losses". I will take every single one of them. Losing to Creighton alone isn't going to knock anyone out of the tournament. If you can take care of your business elsewhere, than you will be o.k. if you can't do that, then don't blame Creighton.
cu blujs

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:15 pm

micgoG'town wrote:Of course they (St John's) could win the Big East Tourny.

No chance in hell. The Jays take the BET trophy this season, much to the chagrin of many BE fans.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:20 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
micgoG'town wrote:Of course they (St John's) could win the Big East Tourny.

No chance in hell. The Jays take the BET trophy this season, much to the chagrin of many BE fans.

First of all...I doubt it. But my main point...Why would BE fans have a problem with that? Unless the last at-large team in the NCAA field is BE team, Creighton taking the trophy would just get us another team in. I think we'd all be pretty happy with that. And if the last at-large team is a Big East team...well it sucks for them but the conference as a whole breaks even.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board