Bracketology - January 26, 2015

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Bracketology - January 26, 2015

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Bump.

VCU loses at home to a pedestrian Richmond team. They shoot 3-19 from 3 and put up all of 55 pts. VCU is a tourney team but should be in the 7-9 seed range.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:21 pm

I live in Richmond and am currently getting my MBA from VCU

With that out of the way lets talk about a couple things

1. I don't want to take another basketball team due to their coach that is most likely going to leave when a true Blue Blood program open ups. No offense to all the teams that have offered him, yes even UCLA, they aren't worth it for him to leave. He makes good money and is in a league that he should make the tournament every year. Shaka is a huge part of RVA (every time I go and get my dry cleaning his face is staring back at me) and its going to take a big time program for him to leave. HE IS NOT MARK FEW AT GONZAGA...when that program calls he will listen. Fantasy booking I always thought it would be crazy to see him at Duke.

2. My Hoyas are going to block VCU 10/10 times. If they had to take a team from RVA its going to be Richmond (they add nothing to the league so its not going to happen).

3. THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPAND UNLESS ITS GOING TO MOVE THE NEEDLE IE UCONN,MEMPHIS ETC.
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Postby Edrick » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:22 pm

The only way VCU would ever get into the Big East is following UConn dropping football and committing to the league. Then because the league was no longer all private, VCU would gain consideration for the final spot.

Because at least two of those things that would need to happen before VCU would be a consideration have approximately 0% chance of happening, discussing VCU and the Big East is meaningless.

Hell, Richmond is more likely with some fractional chance above 0%
Edrick

Postby Xudash » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:37 pm

I am sitting here, watching Virginia play against Duke.

ESPN is scrolling scores at the bottom of the screen.I haven't paid much attention to the Atlantic 10, but I assume that VCU, Davidson, and GW are allhovering at the top of that conference at this point. They all went down tonight. I respect Richmond and I like Richmond as an institution, but they apparently went intovCU's home court and beat them this evening, with VCU being the new flagship of the Atlantic 10.

Not that we did not know this already, but it doesn't appear as though we should be too worried about adding Atlantic 10 teams to the Big East at this point.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Flyer75 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:23 pm

What everyone has failed to mention is Weber from VCU is done for the year. Tore his knee up early in the Richmond game. Probably had something to do with the loss, along with the game being a rivalry game and K. Anthony catching fire which he's prone to do. Obviously this changes everything for VCU moving forward this year.
Flyer75

Postby billyjack » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 pm

Flyer75 wrote:What everyone has failed to mention is Weber from VCU is done for the year. Tore his knee up early in the Richmond game. Probably had something to do with the loss, along with the game being a rivalry game and K. Anthony catching fire which he's prone to do. Obviously this changes everything for VCU moving forward this year.

Really too bad. Sorry to hear that about Weber.

He is 3rd all time in Div-1 in career steals, with an amazing 374.
And he was very close to becoming the all-time leader too.
1st place is John Linehan (Providence '02).
2nd place is Eric Murdock (Providence '91).
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:14 am

man coaching girls- know way too much about ACL's. Just a shame.

This kid was #1 in Ken Pom's steal percentage all 4 years he's played. Just going to be tough now for VCU going forward obviously. But what is so amazing what Smart has built there- the guy who replaces Weber- #29 in the country in steal %.

One thing to remember now with VCU- if they aren't as good w/o him the committee can ding VCU's seed as a result. Kind of like way back when the guy from Cincy broke his leg last game of the season- and they put them as a 2 rather than 1.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board