Question for Jays Fans

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Question for Jays Fans

Postby Bluejay » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:09 pm

mpwalsh8 wrote:
R Jay wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Hey Jays fan!

Lunardi's sending the Hall to Omaha in his latest bracketology! If that comes true, you'll pack the place with blue and white for us, right? Because it'll be tough to outnumber Kansas fans in the 2nd round on our own. It helps that our colors are basically identical!

There will be plenty of Jays fans since the season ticket holders got first dibs on NCAA tickets. (That really pissed off Nebraska fans who at the time thought that they would be a lock to play in Omaha) :lol:
I'm sure we will be quite supportive of any of our conference mates, should they be headed Omaha.

That is a pretty good perk. Our office has season tickets to NC State basketball (I live in Raleigh) and when the 2nd/3rd round was here in Raleigh last year, our season ticket status had zero benefit for buying tickets to the tournament. I would have loved to have our season tickets, as it was I was able to get pretty good seats through the lottery but not as good as our regular seats. When I asked the NCSU Wolfpack Club about it I was told the event was managed by the NCAA and the Wolfpack Club had no influence.

I think they lied to you (or didn't know what they were talking about). Host schools have to put in a lot of time arranging the local event, so the NCAA allows their fanbase the right to buy tickets first as a perk.

This season will be the third time since the arena opened that Omaha will be a host site. Each time Omaha hosted, Creighton season ticket holders had first option on buying tickets.

The first time Omaha hosted, there was a great deal of uproar by non Creighton season ticket holders because Creighton fans bought up ALL of the available tickets. There was a little controversy because Creighton made the initial offer to all season ticketholders and they bought most, but not 100% of the available tickets (you were limited in the number you could buy). Since there were so few tickets remaining, Creighton went back a second time to season ticket holders and asked them if they wanted to buy any more tickets above and beyond the number we were limited to in the initial offering. Creighton fans said sure and bought them all up. This "second offering" caused outrage here in Omaha as the non Creighton fans (primarily the unwashed masses of Husker fans) bitched that they never got a chance to buy tickets for the event. As a result, the NCAA changed ticketing policy when the tourney returned again to Omaha and said that the school can offer tickets to season ticket holders once and those season ticket holders were limited to only one seat for each season ticket that they own, with all remaining tickets sold to the general public.
Bluejay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cu blujs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 pm

In Omaha you don't get your season ticket seats (at least not if you are in the middle sections of the lower bowl). Those go to corporate tickets/teams/etc. However, if your priority number is high enough, you can still get great seats. My section is one that gets bumped. Instead of being at about the free throw line to hte top of the arc, I have been right at the baseline, but also down about 7 rows from my normal seats so pretty close to the floor at that. If anyone's team makes it, and you are coming to Omaha, let everyone on here know as there are sure to be tickets available. Most CU ticket holders buy them not knowing for sure if they will be able to attend or not, knowing they can always sell em if they have to. I am sure many on here would rather sell to BE fans that Kansas or god forbid Wichita fans.

Also, in case others on here are not aware, Creighton and Omaha will be hosting the 2018 midwest regional finals.
cu blujs

Postby mpwalsh8 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42 am

cu blujs wrote:In Omaha you don't get your season ticket seats (at least not if you are in the middle sections of the lower bowl). Those go to corporate tickets/teams/etc. However, if your priority number is high enough, you can still get great seats. My section is one that gets bumped. Instead of being at about the free throw line to hte top of the arc, I have been right at the baseline, but also down about 7 rows from my normal seats so pretty close to the floor at that. If anyone's team makes it, and you are coming to Omaha, let everyone on here know as there are sure to be tickets available. Most CU ticket holders buy them not knowing for sure if they will be able to attend or not, knowing they can always sell em if they have to. I am sure many on here would rather sell to BE fans that Kansas or god forbid Wichita fans.

Also, in case others on here are not aware, Creighton and Omaha will be hosting the 2018 midwest regional finals.

Your experience sounds similar to my experience with NC State. In thinking about it again, I recall I had an early opportunity to purchase tickets, which I did, but I couldn't buy our regular seats. This is where the NC State Wolfpack Club had told me the seats were under the control of the NCAA. The seats I ended up with were pretty good but not exceptional. Had a great time and would/will buy them again given the chance.
mpwalsh8

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board