Poll: Will there be official invitations before July 1?

The home for Big East hoops

Will there be official invitations to join the C7 before July 1?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes : 27

Re: Poll: Will there be official invitations before July 1?

Postby BillEsq » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Dew wrote:
UDGutter2 wrote:I believe official invitations have been made, just not made public.

And to whom have these secret official invitations been delivered?

Ummm.... unless i'm missing the obvious or maybe i'm misreading your sarcasm but i think the invitations the UD is referring to would be made to the Presidents-maybe the AD's... im not sure why the invitations secret or not would go to any other party.
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby flyerlax06 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:29 pm

BillEsq wrote:
Dew wrote:
UDGutter2 wrote:I believe official invitations have been made, just not made public.

And to whom have these secret official invitations been delivered?

Ummm.... unless i'm missing the obvious or maybe i'm misreading your sarcasm but i think the invitations the UD is referring to would be made to the Presidents-maybe the AD's... im not sure why the invitations secret or not would go to any other party.

I think you're misreading his sarcasm. I believe the question is which schools have been issued these official invitations? And the answer is likely that there have been no official invitations but certain schools (Xavier, Butler) have had candid conversations about their potential inclusion.

Providence College '10
flyerlax06

Postby BillEsq » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 pm

I think you're misreading his sarcasm. I believe the question is which schools have been issued these official invitations? And the answer is likely that there have been no official invitations but certain schools (Xavier, Butler) have had candid conversations about their potential inclusion.[/quote]

Ahhh... good i feel better now... i think your right odds are there have been some candid convos amongst the various colleges... whether they extended to full invites or not is debatable but i'd almost be shocked if there hasn't been numbers put out to 3-5 schools (pending the whole 10-12 thing) my guess is these guys know who they want and its just waiting for the dance with the old BE to play out.
BillEsq

Postby UDGutter2 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:03 pm

I will explain myself. I believe the teams have already been chosen and accepted. They have also signed confidentiality agreements. I believe there was really only two teams to choose, as I think the initial three were already chosen and have been working with the c7 from the start. So really this is all fan speculation, but that's just my speculation.
UDGutter2

Postby Edrick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 am

Looking like the league will start in July. So agreements would be in place probably within the next month or two
Edrick

Postby Hoya » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 am

Edrick wrote:Looking like the league will start in July. So agreements would be in place probably within the next month or two

Have some inside info to share?
Hoya

Postby xman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 am

Sounds like this might happen soon.
xman

Postby flyerlax06 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:49 pm

BillEsq wrote:I think you're misreading his sarcasm. I believe the question is which schools have been issued these official invitations? And the answer is likely that there have been no official invitations but certain schools (Xavier, Butler) have had candid conversations about their potential inclusion.

Ahhh... good i feel better now... i think your right odds are there have been some candid convos amongst the various colleges... whether they extended to full invites or not is debatable but i'd almost be shocked if there hasn't been numbers put out to 3-5 schools (pending the whole 10-12 thing) my guess is these guys know who they want and its just waiting for the dance with the old BE to play out.

I agree. I think once things behind the scenes start getting settled with Arresco/old BE, the dominoes will start falling into place quickly.

Providence College '10
flyerlax06

Postby xu5595 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm

UDGutter2 wrote:I will explain myself. I believe the teams have already been chosen and accepted. They have also signed confidentiality agreements. I believe there was really only two teams to choose, as I think the initial three were already chosen and have been working with the c7 from the start. So really this is all fan speculation, but that's just my speculation.

That has been my feeling all along as well. I also believe there was an agreement or irrevocable offer from Fox before the C7 announced they were leaving. Most of this has been in place for awhile now.
xu5595

Postby bigsnoop » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:51 pm

There may be invitations before March 1! :lol:
bigsnoop

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board