Sun Jan 25th, 3g - Duke-SJU, Seton-Butler, Creigh-VU.

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:42 am

3 games on Sunday.

2pm, #5 Duke at St John's, Fox.
3pm, #24 Seton Hall at Butler.
7pm, Creighton at #4 Villanova, FS1.

Duke is favored by 6 over the Johnnies at MSG, but i think this is an even matchup. SJU's athleticism is pretty overwhelming at times, and they're tougher with more swagger than any ACC team.

Seton Hall will most likely drop from the Top-25, but their spot could easily be taken by Butler, Georgetown or hopefully Providence. Whitehead's eventual return will re-ignite the Hall's mojo. Butler has played great ball recently.

Looking forward to a late Sunday Big East game, the Jays vs Villanova.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Sun Jan 25th, 3g - Duke-SJU, Seton-Butler, Creigh-VU.

Postby stever20 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:00 am

Seton Hall's spot WILL be taken by Georgetown. You don't do what Georgetown did to Nova and go unranked the next week w/o losing.

The Seton Hall/Butler game is a big one. Winner stays 1 back in the loss column to Georgetown, Providence, and Nova.

I kind of think if Coach K wasn't going for win #1000, St John's may have had a real shot. It's such a huge dynamic that is so out of the ordinary, don't know what to expect.

With Nova/Creighton- some point, Creighton is going to lay out someone with a 2 by 4. But- I just don't see it tomorrow. Nova remembers last year obviously, and also coming in angry after the Georgetown game. If anything, if this is close, it's more telling of a bad sign for Nova quite frankly long term.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:23 am

Tomorrow the world will see Coach K reach a new milestone when he gets his 309th loss. The whole worlds watching Mikey by. #309 #FDuke
NJRedman

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 am

I'd like St. John's chances a lot more if Coach K hadn't recently caved on his strict Man 2 Man only policy and started playing zone. If they were stuck only playing man then St. John's had a real shot. I'm less optimistic now. But we're all St. John's fans today. Go get'em!
hoyahooligan

Postby BEhomer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:28 am

st johns really playing with house money. i expect them to play loose. i see a similar game to villanova when they came out firing and then got worn out in the 2nd half.
BEhomer

Postby MUPanther » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:02 am

5 Duke @ St. John's, 2:00
FOX: Gus Johnson, Jim Jackson

24 Seton Hall @ Butler, 3:00
FSN: Kevin Kugler, Ron Thompson
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Florida
FOX Sports Midwest
FOX Sports North
FOX Sports Ohio
FOX Sports Southwest
FOX Sports West
FOX Sports Wisconsin
MASN2
MSG
ROOT Sports Northwest
ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain
SportSouth

Creighton @ 4 Villanova, 7:00
FS1: Joe Davis and Jim Spanarkel
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:56 am

stever20 wrote:With Nova/Creighton- some point, Creighton is going to lay out someone with a 2 by 4. But- I just don't see it tomorrow. Nova remembers last year obviously, and also coming in angry after the Georgetown game. If anything, if this is close, it's more telling of a bad sign for Nova quite frankly long term.

:roll:

So if Nova doesn't pole axe the Jays today, it's proof we're in major tailspin? Good to know. :roll:

With one game knee-jerk reactions like that, one could claim the whole conference is(was) in a major tailspin at one point this season. :roll:
Westbrook#36

Postby gosports1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:58 am

lets go st johns! i think its safe to say we're all rooting for you!
gosports1

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:30 am

Hopefully St. John's can pull this out! Easily the best game today as the other 2 should both be blowout wins for the home teams.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby ivet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 am

I think St. John's 6 players can compete with anyone in the country but I don't think Lavin is a good enough coach to utilize them effectively. I Know they get tired quick but there' are moments when people are just standing around then the next set they decide to pass The ball around with everyone getting at least two touches like old school Indiana basketball. I wish Obekpa offense developed but all I see is the same routine of trying to block every single shot that comes his way. That being said, I hope they can pull out a victory today but I feel that Coach Ks high tempo and motion offense will tire them out quickly though. I would recommend zone, but they can shoot lights out from the 3. Good Luck St. John's!
ivet

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board