How Mad is ESPN...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: How Mad is ESPN...

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 pm

MUPanther wrote:Bill Raftery is not doing the game. It's Gus Johnson and Jimmy Jackson.

That's weird......Raftery even did a FS1 one on one show with Coach K airing today.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby milksteak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 am

What's good for the "Fox Sports" brand is good for FS1. The more games we can get on network TV, the better.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby R Jay » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:16 am

College Gameday just did a blind resume segment, but instead of deciding between teams, it was conferences. All three analysts (Jay Williams, Greenberg, and Bilas) all picked Conference A, which turned out to be us.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby MUPanther » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:25 am

Bill Raftery is calling L'ville at Pitt on CBS.

It's in Bill Raftery deal to stay with CBS/Turner that he CAN'T do games on FOX.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby butlerguy03 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:14 pm

R Jay wrote:College Gameday just did a blind resume segment, but instead of deciding between teams, it was conferences. All three analysts (Jay Williams, Greenberg, and Bilas) all picked Conference A, which turned out to be us.

Someone's producer isn't drinking the ESPN Kool-Aid. He'll probably be suspended for making "disparaging remarks" about the network's properties.

In all honesty though, people see what they want. ESPN isn't as Big East negative as what we post on HolyLand. Yeah, they're not promoting our brand, but that's what happens. Look at FoxSports1 - you'd think the ACC, Big Ten and SEC didn't exist at times. Pac-12 and BigEast centric because they own those brands.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:26 pm

R Jay wrote:College Gameday just did a blind resume segment, but instead of deciding between teams, it was conferences. All three analysts (Jay Williams, Greenberg, and Bilas) all picked Conference A, which turned out to be us.

Just out of curiosity, which conference did they compare the BE to?
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby R Jay » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Professor_Bulldog wrote:

Just out of curiosity, which conference did they compare the BE to?

Big Ten. While they had four teams ranked to our two, all the other metrics (including ESPN's BPI) favored us. I wish they had put up the Big 12 or ACC (which are closer to us) but they didn't.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board