Georgios Papagiannis, Greek Center To St. John's?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Georgios Papagiannis, Greek Center To St. John's?

Postby SJHooper » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:54 pm

If we get this kid to go along with Sampson, Doughty, and possibly Diallo and Lovett, this will have gone from a shockingly terrible recruiting cycle to a fantastic one. It probably won't happen but imagine if Jordan stays and ADR eventually qualifies (which he should). That would give us ADR (6-11), JDR (7 ft), Papagiannis (7'1), Diallo (6'10) in the front court. That is some serious size we haven't had here at SJU for a while. The crazy thing about this kid is that he can shoot 3's too…he can work the paint, fill space, and has a nice shooting touch for a big man.

If we get all the targets I mentioned, I would have to think the 2015 class ends up top 5.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 am

SJHooper wrote:If we get this kid to go along with Sampson, Doughty, and possibly Diallo and Lovett, this will have gone from a shockingly terrible recruiting cycle to a fantastic one. It probably won't happen but imagine if Jordan stays and ADR eventually qualifies (which he should). That would give us ADR (6-11), JDR (7 ft), Papagiannis (7'1), Diallo (6'10) in the front court. That is some serious size we haven't had here at SJU for a while. The crazy thing about this kid is that he can shoot 3's too…he can work the paint, fill space, and has a nice shooting touch for a big man.

If we get all the targets I mentioned, I would have to think the 2015 class ends up top 5.

I really have my fingers crossed for you guys. If you get this kid to go along with Sampson and say even ONE more Top 100 recruit and if Jordan and Obepka stay, and everybody qualifies, you guys should be in good shape. Lavin goes on to bring in a good 2016 class and you are right on track. With that being said, if Sampson is the only kid who commits (which I doubt will be the case) and Jordan and Obepka go it could be ugly at Carnesecca next year. Really an interesting, make or break type time at SJU right now. I hope things go well for you!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby SJU1987 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:20 am

Give Lavin a break ! Many of his players are from the same recruiting class . Let him recruit another class and see what happens.
Do you want another Norm Roberts who couldn't recruit ? Lavin brings them in and that's the most important thing. He did a great job coaching his first year. St. John's was ranked 15th and made the NCAA.
SJU1987

Postby SJU1987 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:28 am

SJHooper wrote:If we get this kid to go along with Sampson, Doughty, and possibly Diallo and Lovett, this will have gone from a shockingly terrible recruiting cycle to a fantastic one. It probably won't happen but imagine if Jordan stays and ADR eventually qualifies (which he should). That would give us ADR (6-11), JDR (7 ft), Papagiannis (7'1), Diallo (6'10) in the front court. That is some serious size we haven't had here at SJU for a while. The crazy thing about this kid is that he can shoot 3's too…he can work the paint, fill space, and has a nice shooting touch for a big man.

Jordon ain't going to the NBA yet. His play is very inconsistent. He forces a lot of shots , trying too hard to impress others. One of the Delarosa brothers is a senior and will graduate.
SJU1987

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 pm

SJU1987 wrote:

Jordon ain't going to the NBA yet. His play is very inconsistent. He forces a lot of shots , trying too hard to impress others. One of the Delarosa brothers is a senior and will graduate.

Well, I agree that he shouldn't go to the draft but that doesn't mean he won't. Hell, apparently our 6th man is planning on it.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236364/Tyler-Harris-Plans-Draft-Entry-Despite-Unexpected-Role-Cut-In-Providence-Junior-Season
ChelseaFriar

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board