Big East - The Blue Conference?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 am

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone noticed that almost every team (sorry Providence) has worn a blue jersey at some point this season? I was shocked at last night's MU/SJ game that the Johnnies were wearing silver uniforms against MU's dark blues (it was hard to differentiate at fast points during game). I then realized that St. Johns has also worn dark blue uniforms this year, and every other team, except the Friars, have worn blue uniforms this season.
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East - The Blue Conference?

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 am

As I had been corrected on in another thread, Butler actually wears black on the road, not navy blue. So unless they wore a blue alternate at some point (they may have, I honestly don't know), there's 2 teams that don't wear blue.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby NJRedman » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:52 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Slightly off-topic, but has anyone noticed that almost every team (sorry Providence) has worn a blue jersey at some point this season? I was shocked at last night's MU/SJ game that the Johnnies were wearing silver uniforms against MU's dark blues (it was hard to differentiate at fast points during game). I then realized that St. Johns has also worn dark blue uniforms this year, and every other team, except the Friars, have worn blue uniforms this season.

St. John's has only worn red once or twice this season. It's all been dark blue almost every single game. \

I hate that we went from red, white and black to red, white and navy blue. Why be blue just like everyone else? We wear blue at carnesecca but we're playing on a court that is painted black! Just so stupid, every 6-8 years we change it. It was blue when I first went to St. John's and they changed it to black and it was great, not we've went back. Ugh my school can't decide on a logo or the school colors for more than a few years. Though they will stick with the worst name ever, the Red Storm!
NJRedman

Postby Zippy93 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:02 pm

The BLACK AND BLUE Conference has a nice ring to it and is accurate
Zippy93

Postby notkirkcameron » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:42 am

Hell, two of the teams in this league have "Blue" in their nicknames (Creighton and DePaul), and another two named one of their mascots after it (Butler, Xavier).
Al McGuire: "What is this?"
Waiter: "Mr. McGuire, that is a cull lobster. Sometimes when the lobsters are in the tank, they fight. This one lost a claw."
Al McGuire: "Well then take this one away and bring me the winner."
notkirkcameron

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 pm

NJRedman wrote:
GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Slightly off-topic, but has anyone noticed that almost every team (sorry Providence) has worn a blue jersey at some point this season? I was shocked at last night's MU/SJ game that the Johnnies were wearing silver uniforms against MU's dark blues (it was hard to differentiate at fast points during game). I then realized that St. Johns has also worn dark blue uniforms this year, and every other team, except the Friars, have worn blue uniforms this season.

St. John's has only worn red once or twice this season. It's all been dark blue almost every single game. \

I hate that we went from red, white and black to red, white and navy blue. Why be blue just like everyone else? We wear blue at carnesecca but we're playing on a court that is painted black! Just so stupid, every 6-8 years we change it. It was blue when I first went to St. John's and they changed it to black and it was great, not we've went back. Ugh my school can't decide on a logo or the school colors for more than a few years. Though they will stick with the worst name ever, the Red Storm!

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't just stick with the red uniforms. To me, that is St. John's (Mullin, Artest, etc.).
ChelseaFriar

Return to Big East basketball message board