Wed Jan 21st, 2 Games - Marq-SJU, Creighton-Butler.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Wed Jan 21st, 2 Games - Marq-SJU, Creighton-Butler.

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:51 am

Westbrook#36 wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Thanks all for the condolences and best wishes. Creighton finally wins one in conference tomorrow.
Sorry 'Nova fans. I can't think of a better place to begin to bounce back.

Sorry Creighton fans, hopefully gtmo is as accurate with this prediction as he's been with every other prediction about Creighton this year(knock on wood). Remember your rants from earlier this season about a C7 east coast bias against the Jays? How dare they predict Creighton to finish 9th, those haters.

How's that 14-4 BE prediction of your's working out gtmo? How's that crow taste? Need some hot sauce or something for that? Does it taste like chicken?

More like stale, greasy roast duck. A bit stringy as well. 1st time in years that I have been off this much with my predictions. I'll live. We have played the spoiler role before and we've stolen a tourney or 2. It ain't over yet.

Appreciate the ribbing(s). Great conference.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Dew wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Thanks all for the condolences and best wishes. Creighton finally wins one in conference tomorrow.
Sorry 'Nova fans. I can't think of a better place to begin to bounce back.

Sorry Creighton fans, hopefully gtmo is as accurate with this prediction as he's been with every other prediction about Creighton this year(knock on wood). Remember your rants from earlier this season about a C7 east coast bias against the Jays? How dare they predict Creighton to finish 9th, those haters.

How's that 14-4 BE prediction of your's working out gtmo? How's that crow taste? Need some hot sauce or something for that? Does it taste like chicken?

I don't know man. Most of the posts I recall were optimistic but not bombastic. Are there always a couple of fanatical comments sure, but I think CU fans have been remarkably tolerable considering how they've started. Just my 0.02.

You're correct, most Jay fans weren't too overboard with their predictions, but gtmo was completely different(especially with his C7 east coast bias crap). That's why my post was directed at him, and it seems like he took my little jabs in stride, good sport he seems to be.
Westbrook#36

Postby Jet915 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Even gtmo is running out of his blue koolaid.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Jet915 wrote:Even gtmo is running out of his blue koolaid.

Hey Jet.
If this drought keeps up, I'll be dry by Feb 7th. Will have to resort to drinking straight from the distiller.
Raw kool aid has both a kick and a bite to it - rough drinking. The things I do for the Jays, gotta stay positive for our team.

The January drought should be about exhausted, c'mon Creighton Run.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby hoyahooligan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:44 pm

It's not good for the conference, but I think it would be hilarious if Creighton came out and blitzed Nova from 3 again and it turned out Creighton was just Nova's Cryptonite no matter the talent disparity. Let it FLY!
hoyahooligan

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:48 am

I know it's not good for the conference, but I think it would hilarious if Georgetown went on an extended losing streak and maybe, just maybe their fans would lose just a little bit of hubris.
Westbrook#36

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:I know it's not good for the conference, but I think it would hilarious if Georgetown went on an extended losing streak and maybe, just maybe their fans would lose just a little bit of hubris.

It's not hubris if you can back it up. 8-) Sheesh lighten up it was a joke.
hoyahooligan

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:I know it's not good for the conference, but I think it would hilarious if Georgetown went on an extended losing streak and maybe, just maybe their fans would lose just a little bit of hubris.

It's not hubris if you can back it up. 8-) Sheesh lighten up it was a joke.

R-E-L-A-X, I was just being a little sarcastic/snarky. One win and you guys are chirpin'. 8-)
Westbrook#36

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board