1/19 polls

The home for Big East hoops

1/19 polls

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Nova up to 4, SHU holds on at 24. Continuing into also receiving votes we have:

AP: Gtown 29, PC 32, Butler 37, SJU 47

Coaches: Gtown 37, Butler 39, PC 42, SJU 47

I personally don't understand how you leave SHU in but don't give more respect to Butler (even with the close loss at Gtown)

Still though, it is nice to have 6 teams receiving votes, although St. John's needs to string a few consecutive wins together to keep that up.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

1/19 polls

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 1/19 polls

Postby Freshjive2103 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:41 pm

I struggle to understand St. John's getting votes. I expect I will get called out for some bias or that I am too big for my britches just because DePaul won.
Freshjive2103

Postby MUPanther » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:42 pm

I think the Big East is getting screwed compared to the Big 12.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby billyjack » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Villanova, Seton Hall, Butler, Georgetown and Providence all should be ranked. St John's should be between 25 and 30.

Miami of Fla should not be getting any votes at all.
Notre Dame should be 15 spots lower at least.

The Big East is going to keep biting their asses, because so many of these ranked teams are paper tigers, or paper koala bears. Except for Kentucky, all these clown teams are so beatable in the NCAA's...

I could see 4 of us easily making the Sweet-16... all it takes is 2 NCAA wins to get there...

Imagine scenarios where:
Georgetown is lined up vs SMU then Maryland.
Butler gets Stanford and Notre Dame.
Providence gets Miami of Fla, and Utah.
Villanova gets Bryant and NC State.
Seton Hall gets Iowa and West Virginia.
St John's gets Dayton and Louisville.
Xavier gets VCU and Kansas.

Virginia is #2 and they have no offense. Every FG by Virginia is practically celebrated like a soccer goal.

Would any of these matchups be really unwinnable?
Seriously, this will be as easy as taking candy from a baby.

Look at the competitiveness of our BE conference games as a whole. Every freakin possession is tightly guarded. Talent everywhere. Teams that can play halfcourt, but like to run if they want. Grinding defenses.

Has anyone here watched an ACC (or Pac-12) game recently? Unguarded jumpshots, long rebounds, another wideopen jumpshot, then a guy drives the lane unchallenged for a dunk. The only defense is some stationary small forward swatting at the ball on an uncontested lay-up. Then more jumpshots. Then more jumpshots. Then at the point where Virginia reaches 50 points in a single game, the Cavalier players prance around the court like they hit the 100-point mark. Then more uncontested jumpshots. Then the 1,900 people at the Conte Forum watch Buzz Williams's sweat drip on his clipboard... bleahhh.
Providence
billyjack

Return to Big East basketball message board