Isaiah Whitehead's return...

The home for Big East hoops

Postby TheBall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:17 am

Bring him back as a 6th man playing starter minutes, and make sure he knows that sterling is the alpha dog.

Whitehead is very good, but he's not good enough to be the man on a deep tourney run team. Gibbs is. But having whitehead helps the Hall's potential in march.

I'm thinking Corey Fisher off the bench in 2009 or Josh Hart this year for Nova, or JVP in years past for Nova. A good 6th man who plays starter minutes can be a very valuable piece. The Hall is real deep at guard, and they are playing great. No need to disrupt things when whitehead returns.
TheBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Isaiah Whitehead's return...

Postby PhillyPirate » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:13 pm

People think Whitehead as this alpha-dog, me first personality and it is the furthest thing from the truth. At the time of his injury he led the team in assists and was second in scoring. The only games where he tries to do too much is when nobody can buy a basket and the team defers to him to create. I think they should ease him back when he returns, but to say he is better as the sixth man for the season is ridiculous. We already have that spark off the bench in Carrington (who just won his second BE POW).
PhillyPirate

Re: Isaiah Whitehead's return...

Postby TheBall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 pm

,From what I have seen from whitehead, I think he has that alpha dog mentality. And that's a compliment, not an insult. And I think a good team can have multiple guy with that mentality. Seton hall will benefit from this, especially as whitehead gets older (I think he plays a couple more years before NBA)

If whitehead start, who sits?

I think seton hall has a great chemistry right now. And I lways like the idea of teams with a strong 6th or 7th man who can play starter minutes and contribute. The game starts and a certain flow is developed and hen you bring in your good bench guy and change the tempo into your direction or mix it up whereby the opposition has to make an adjustment. I loved when jVP came off the bench for nova a few years ago at around he 4 minute mark every game. Him not starting allowed he team to get into a flow without jVP trying to do too much but when he came in he really mixed it up. Kyle Lowry came off the bench for nova in 2005 and was awesome.
TheBall

Return to Big East basketball message board