Providence's deep run potential?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby TheBall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:09 am

Put multiple nba players on a college team and they can go to they 2nd weekend. Providence intrigues me.

Kris Dunn is a nba player. Kid is a stud.

I think Desrosiers plays in the nba. He has that big man/keep defenses honest with the jumper and good positioning that keeps guys in the league. Rodney rogers meets matt bonner.

But the leader is Henton. He may not be as viable nba prospect, but he is a very good college player. And Harris is no joke either.

You put that together, and this team could be elite. The 60 minutes from the 2nd half of the bc through the brown game were terrible, but that's in the past and the friars have done enough to atone for their sins. Time for them to go to the elite 8!!!
TheBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Providence's deep run potential?

Postby 77Friar » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:29 am

Desrosiers is WAY too soft and offensively challenged to play in the NBA. The center with NBA potential is Paschal Chuckwu, the 7-2 freshman.
77Friar

Postby jckund » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:02 am

I think the deep run potential begins, and ends, with Dunn. We all know Henton can score, but Dunn makes that offense run, gets other players involved, keeps the tempo up and free flowing after missed baskets. If he can stay healthy/injury-free and the Prov bigs can contribute in some way or another, the potential is definitely there. I'd argue moreso with providence than any other team outside of Villanova.
jckund

Postby BEwannabe » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:12 am

I agree with the premise Dunn and Buckets are the types of players capable of doing well in NCAA tourney. In March you need consistent scorers because so many teams are playing well offensively and so many of the games will come down to 1 or 2 possessions but it's equally as important to be able to defend & rebound as a team in the half court and knock down free throws and on the free throw & rebounding front you need 5-7 guys contributing to move deep into the field.
BEwannabe

Postby falcon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 pm

I think they would have if Fortune has stayed.
falcon

Return to Big East basketball message board