Big East Player of the Year

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Player of the Year

Postby TheBall » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:29 am

milksteak wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:
TheBall wrote:
Dunham is probably second in my opinion.

The debate in Hoosierville is whether or not Rosie Jones is the Bulldog's MVP.

Rosie's all-around game has been good, but he won't put up enough points in conference play to win Big East Player of the Year. Dunham's putting up the points, but that's about it.

I'd be shocked if a Butler player pulled it off.

Henton's my pick right now. Harrison second if the Johnnies can put together a run. Gibbs third.

The thing with Henton is I think he is being overshadowed by Dunn.

I don't see a butler player winning it, but holtman is looking real good for coach of the year (with Kevin willard, Cooley and jay wright as the other leaders).

And I'm never impressed by the guy who puts up big points in a bunch of losses. Player A puts up 27 in a blowout loss to a team, and player b puts up 20 points in an ot win against that same team. I'm taking player b. Stat sheet suffers on losing teams never deserve postseason accolades.
TheBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MackNova » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 am

I never liked Harrison's game, but I have to give him credit this year.

Still, I give it to Gibbs right now.
MackNova

Postby RedStormHoops » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:16 am

TheBall wrote:For those who disagree, who is your pick?

Seems like Gibbs is the clear leader right now.

And I don't know what was so offensive about Harrison comments. He was my pre-season pick, but his team is sliding and as a result his stock is dropping. He missed a crucial free throw in Chicago this weekend, and he is not proving to be the guy who can put the johnnies on his back and win games. Heck, obekpa and pointer are probably more valuable to the johnnies right now.

1) he didn't miss a crucial free throw.

2) Obekpa and pointer have not been playing well in big east play, and Dangelo has played exceptionally well until he got hurt a day before the DePaul game, causing him not to play well.

I don't give a s**t who your big east player of the year pick is troll. I just want you to stop spewing lies about one of our best players in decades at St. John's. It is so clear that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about, so why do you try to pretend like you do? Maybe on a nova board where no one else watches SJU you can get away with this, but not here.
RedStormHoops

Postby JOPO » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Don't let ball upset you RedStormHoops; that only feeds the troll and will make your head explode. There is a way to set his posts to ignore if you want to save your sanity.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby TheBall » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:39 am

Pointer is st john's best player.

And the free throw Harrison missed against depaul was at the 1:40 mark in regulation.
TheBall

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board