SMU acadamic violations

The home for Big East hoops

SMU acadamic violations

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:58 am

Looks like Larry Brown's honey moon is over.

SMU looks like they will fit in nicely with memphis, cincy, uconvicts and temple.

Spliting from that rag tag group of renegade commuter schools was the best move the C7 could have ever made. Keep some integrity, trim the fat, and add a couple higher integrity programs with stronger institutional similarities to rebuild the brand. Oh yeah, and let's not forget shark attack, 360 degrees and bethlehem steel (sorry, I can't call him golden eagle).
TheBall

SMU acadamic violations

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SMU acadamic violations

Postby robinreed » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:42 pm

TheBall wrote:Looks like Larry Brown's honey moon is over.

SMU looks like they will fit in nicely with memphis, cincy, uconvicts and temple.

Spliting from that rag tag group of renegade commuter schools was the best move the C7 could have ever made. Keep some integrity, trim the fat, and add a couple higher integrity programs with stronger institutional similarities to rebuild the brand. Oh yeah, and let's not forget shark attack, 360 degrees and bethlehem steel (sorry, I can't call him golden eagle).

SMU has a long and honored tradition of cheating whenever they can. Except for the chess club. They would be a good fit for the SEC.
robinreed

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:16 am

Raise your hand if you are surprised:

Sources: SMU's Larry Brown facing 'lack of coach control' charge from NCAA

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--s ... ncaab.html
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:37 am

Honestly, is anybody surprised? Larry Brown (and SMU) has a long, detailed history on cheating, rule violations/infractions and bending the rules. They are a match made in heaven. The writing was on the wall once Mudiay left school, followed by the issue with Frazier. Brown will leave SMU will a laundry list of violations and postseason ban, and will probably take his 14th head coaching job somewhere else.

Big East schools are 1000% better off getting far away from the likes of SMU, Houston, UCF, Tulane, East Carolina, Tulsa, and Memphis. With the exception of Memphis, who has under-performed mightily under Pastner, all of those schools are terrible in basketball. I feel for UConn and Cincinnati, as they were left behind in the latest realignment phase but showed that they elevated their athletic programs to be considered in the P5. USF didn't really do anything in the OBE (in football or basketball), and probably should be grouped with the other AAC schools.

Very thankful we all avoided that trainwreck.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby AACguy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:23 am

NCAA is announcing their findings into the SMU allegations today as well as any possible sanctions.
AACguy

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:33 am

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago

SMU has been hit with a postseason ban for this season & Larry Brown suspended for 10 percent of this season’s games, source told ESPN.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m1 minute ago

SMU will also be hit with nine scholarship losses over the next three years, source told ESPN. Were two under last season.

hahahahah
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Postby AACguy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:54 am

Goodman then tweeted that SMU could appeal the postseason ban. I wonder if that process might delay the actual ban into next year allowing this year's team to play in the NCAA tournament if they were selected?
AACguy

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:56 am

:lol:

SMU gets what they pay for - literally.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby marquette » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:13 am

Hey, that's the alma mater of one of our dearest posters! How dare you engage in schadenfreude at stever's expense!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Noonzy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:22 am

I'm still waiting for what UNC's penalties will be and when.
Providence College
Noonzy

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board