SMU acadamic violations

The home for Big East hoops

Re: SMU acadamic violations

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:22 am

marquette wrote:Hey, that's the alma mater of one of our dearest trolls! How dare you engage in schadenfreude at stever's expense!

Fixed.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AACguy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 am

Noonzy wrote:I'm still waiting for what UNC's penalties will be and when.

The punishment might fit the crime for SMU, but I think this is what really irritates most of the AAC fans out there when UNC's crimes were much, much more significant than what SMU was accused of and over the course of many years compared to a single player at SMU.
AACguy

Postby marquette » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:57 am

AACguy wrote:

The punishment might fit the crime for SMU, but I think this is what really irritates most of the AAC fans out there when UNC's crimes were much, much more significant than what SMU was accused of and over the course of many years compared to a single player at SMU.

I think most of us would be ok with UNC having to compete essentially as a D2 school for a few years. But yes, the NCAA is more than a bit hypocritical.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:22 pm

the thing I like about what the NCAA did here was do the investigation quickly and hand down their decision fast. none of the stuff like what happened with Miami or USC football- or what's going on with UNC basketball. Hopefully that is the thing going forward. And if programs do what SMU is said to have done- the punishment is absolutely right.
stever20

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:53 pm

The issue with the investigation at UNC isn't that the NCAA is trying to get them off easy, but rather, each time they are close to concluding the investigation, more and more dirty deeds from within the school get released. I know a lot of people still think UNC will get off, but I am in the minority that think a huge storm is coming for the entire UNC athletics program. It's more than just smoke now, you have people coming forward with rampant allegations and evidence of wrongdoing over a significantly long period of time in basketball, football, soccer, etc.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Jet915 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:15 pm

AACguy wrote:

You are probably right but UNC is in the ACC and SMU is in the AAC. That's probably the difference.
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board