Wooden Watch

The home for Big East hoops

Wooden Watch

Postby RedStormHoops » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Some bias here, this is a joke, one big east player in the final 25 one he wooden watch. No DSR, Sterling Gibbs, or Pinkston?

http://sbnation.com/e/7310794

I am not familiar with the wooden watch, can it change as the year wears on? Like if someone on this list gets hurt or starts playing bad, can Gibbs, DSR, or Pinkston get on the list?
RedStormHoops

Wooden Watch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wooden Watch

Postby RDinNY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 pm

RedStormHoops wrote:Some bias here, this is a joke, one big east player in the final 25 one he wooden watch. No DSR, Sterling Gibbs, or Pinkston?

I am not familiar with the wooden watch, can it change as the year wears on? Like if someone on this list gets hurt or starts playing bad, can Gibbs, DSR, or Pinkston get on the list?

Why don't you celebrate the fact that a player from the team you root for made the list, rather than trying to figure out how he can be taken off and someone else get put on.
RDinNY

Postby Amase2 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Gibbs got robbed, Henton has a legitimate gripe. Harrison, rightfully among the list.
Amase2

Postby RedStormHoops » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm

RDinNY wrote:
RedStormHoops wrote:Some bias here, this is a joke, one big east player in the final 25 one he wooden watch. No DSR, Sterling Gibbs, or Pinkston?

Why don't you celebrate the fact that a player from the team you root for made the list, rather than trying to figure out how he can be taken off and someone else get put on.

I would if everybody on here didn't hate Harrison, you gotta know your audience sometimes
RedStormHoops

Postby RDinNY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:20 pm

RedStormHoops wrote:
RDinNY wrote:

I would if everybody on here didn't hate Harrison, you gotta know your audience sometimes

Lol. I'm a Cowboys fan. I enjoy being hated.
RDinNY

Postby Hall2012 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:24 pm

RDinNY wrote:

What's wrong with him being objective? Just because he's expressing some very legitimate gripes about the list doesn't mean he isn't happy for Harrison.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby RDinNY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
RDinNY wrote:

What's wrong with him being objective? Just because he's expressing some very legitimate gripes about the list doesn't mean he isn't happy for Harrison.

I 'll refrain from further attacking his post in an effort to defend myself from yours.
RDinNY

Postby RedStormHoops » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Henton was another great player that was left out, good call. Hell even cases could be made for ochefu and Dunham. there is a legit bias against the big east, and the best way to get it to stop is to get 6-7 teams in the tournament and have a few of them get out of the first weekend. We look like we are in line to get at least 5-6 teams in, the stakes are going to be very high come march
RedStormHoops

Postby RDinNY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 pm

My apologies, RedStormHoops. When I read the second part of your post, I jumped to the conclusion that you thought Harrison should come off. Rereading it, I realize my error.

I haven't followed closely enough many of the players on the list, so I don't know if any of them deserve to be replaced by Henton or Gibbs. Of course, I believe that D'angelo is the best player in the Big East and deserves to be on the list.

Byw, I don't think anyone (not a St. John's fan) would come on here to advocate for D'lo, so I don't know why we St. John's fans are so quick to prop up other teams.
RDinNY

Postby Amase2 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:18 pm

RDinNY wrote:My apologies, RedStormHoops. When I read the second part of your post, I jumped to the conclusion that you thought Harrison should come off. Rereading it, I realize my error.

I haven't followed closely enough many of the players on the list, so I don't know if any of them deserve to be replaced by Henton or Gibbs. Of course, I believe that D'angelo is the best player in the Big East and deserves to be on the list.

Byw, I don't think anyone (not a St. John's fan) would come on here to advocate for D'lo, so I don't know why we St. John's fans are so quick to prop up other teams.

Not mutually exclusive. It is easy to recognize great talent, shouldn't have to play for the team you root for. I objectively think Harrison is the best player in the conference, but there are a hand full of other players who could be deserving of that distinction.
Amase2

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board