2-Villanova
4-Seton Hall
7-Providence
8-Butler
10-Georgetown
10-St. John's
11-Xavier
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Jerry Palm's Bracketology 1-12

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jerry Palm's Bracketology 1-12

Postby stever20 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Lunardi with his latest bracket math:
Villanova #4- 1 seed
Seton Hall #19- 5 seed
Providence #24- 6 seed
Butler #25- 7 seed
Xavier #33 9 seed
Georgetown #34 9 seed

St Johns #70- 2nd team out- with a caveat- he's got 3 champions like last week's DePaul. Tulsa, Wyoming, and La Tech. So St John's would be safe in a PIG. Probably reasonable with the early season performance St John's has shown.
stever20

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:13 pm

If we get 7 teams in, that would be amazing - especially after last year where most experts picked this conference to be a throwaway, weak-reboot of the old league.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby mtkc12 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Dayton projected as an 8 seed, and likely to be ranked next week if they beat SLU on Saturday (highly likely).

Still available to join the Big East if you're interested.

Pro Deo et Patria
mtkc12

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 am

mtkc12 wrote:Dayton projected as an 8 seed, and likely to be ranked next week if they beat SLU on Saturday (highly likely).

Pro Deo et Patria

No thanks. We're good for now.

So much talk last year about needing to expand in order to get more bids. No, each team just needed to get better and take care of their own business in order to get more bids. This year is proving that philosophy works.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:57 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
mtkc12 wrote:Dayton projected as an 8 seed, and likely to be ranked next week if they beat SLU on Saturday (highly likely).

Pro Deo et Patria

+1
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby Xudash » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 pm

butlerguy03 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:

Pro Deo et Patria

+1

7 teams currently projected into the Tournament and this guy thinks expansion might be a topic of interest at this point. Besides, Dayton would get slaughtered were it in the Big East presently.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby RedStormHoops » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Not only are we projected 7 teams I look around at the league and could see all 7 winning a game or even more. It is a great feeling. At worst we will get 5 in, and at best 7. And even the 5 is more than we got last year.
RedStormHoops

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:13 pm

RedStormHoops wrote:Not only are we projected 7 teams I look around at the league and could see all 7 winning a game or even more. It is a great feeling. At worst we will get 5 in, and at best 7. And even the 5 is more than we got last year.

one thing to kind of watch for- if we have 3 teams getting 8/9 seeds, and Nova gets a 1 seed- we'd be guaranteed of having one of our teams playing Kentucky in the 2nd round. The key for us is going to be can we get a team or two up to the 3/4 line with Nova at the 1 line. That to me is MUCH more important than getting 7 teams in.
stever20

Postby RedStormHoops » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:50 pm

stever20 wrote:
RedStormHoops wrote:Not only are we projected 7 teams I look around at the league and could see all 7 winning a game or even more. It is a great feeling. At worst we will get 5 in, and at best 7. And even the 5 is more than we got last year.

one thing to kind of watch for- if we have 3 teams getting 8/9 seeds, and Nova gets a 1 seed- we'd be guaranteed of having one of our teams playing Kentucky in the 2nd round. The key for us is going to be can we get a team or two up to the 3/4 line with Nova at the 1 line. That to me is MUCH more important than getting 7 teams in.

That is an interesting perspective, but I think I'd rather have the 7. It is so much more of a statement. Plus seton hall and butler I think will both be in 5-6 seed range, which is very good. Georgetown I could see anywhere from 6-10 seed. So I'm not too worried about the seed. Plus, if it were me, and St. John's gets an 8 seed, and beats a good 9 seed from another power conference, and loses to Kentucky, I'm fine with that. Sucky draw but winning an 8/9 game is very hard to do.

Obviously I am a little biased in wanting 7 teams in, because St. John's would likely be that 6th or 7th team in. Or at least that's the way it looks now. A lot can change though.

IMO, butler and nova look like teams that can make a good run. Seton Hall I think they can too, I am eager to see what they look like with Isaiah back so I can judge accordingly. The toss ups are Xavier, providence, St. John's, and Georgetown. All four of those teams have looked really good at teams this year and have looked like teams that can do big things in march, but at other times haven't been so convincing.

So I am just hoping for 7 teams to get in, 70% of the league, and then just rooting for everyone, it is inevitable one of us will get a bad draw against an amazing team, but I still want 7 regardless. Can't live in fear of other teams we gotta believe in our teams
RedStormHoops

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board