Johnnies land Sampson

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Johnnies land Sampson

Postby NJRedman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 am

SJHooper wrote:Big get for us. I thought he was gone with Briscoe. Big, long frame. Supposedly can finish and is also a decent jump shooter. Can be a real nice 4 year player. Our 3 star Doughty is underrated IMO and has been a scoring machine for his HS team even in the 30's and 40's. As for Jordan, he will almost definitely not be back. He has been saying for years now he's leaving after this year. Even though he won't get drafted, he can play overseas and still get a good paycheck. He has said his first priority is feeding his family. And even if he doesn't leave to go pro, he will likely leave because he's had tons of issues here and seems to be a diva.

If Jordan stays somehow though and we can get one more guard say Lovett or Artis, it would be absolutely major. Then by doing that, Diallo would really give us a good look. And if we got Diallo after all that, we have a top 15 class.

Since you're saying he's definitely leaving I feel very comfortable knowing that he is coming back for another year.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:42 am

what about keith thomas? is he off the team or can he work his way back next year? if obekpa comes back and thomas becomes eligible, and del la rosa. that's pretty good front court. I thought christian jones showed some promise as a freshman also. not sure what happened to him since then.

I think their bigger need is at PG. they need someone to run the offense. not sure if branch or balamou can handle that duty.
BEhomer

Postby NJRedman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:46 am

BEhomer wrote:what about keith thomas? is he off the team or can he work his way back next year? if obekpa comes back and thomas becomes eligible, and del la rosa. that's pretty good front court. I thought christian jones showed some promise as a freshman also. not sure what happened to him since then.

I think their bigger need is at PG. they need someone to run the offense. not sure if branch or balamou can handle that duty.

Branch can but he's graduating.
NJRedman

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board