Needs to improve

Discuss....
TheBall

St Johns attendance

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: St Johns attendance

Postby R Jay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Are you planning to buy all of the tickets and handing them out for free on the streets of Manhattan? Because that might help.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby aughnanure » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Hot take there.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby jckund » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:24 pm

For what game? I was there last night and the crowd was good... I was also at their game vs St Mary's at Carnesecca and was surprised... I know it's a smaller gym, but that place was full and they were into it.
jckund

Postby TheBall » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Attendance looked good last night on tv, but did they have the top covered? And nova usually draws 12k for their games against the johnnies, and that is when the johnnies have stunk because nova draws well in nyc.

If seton hall is pulling 10k per game, I expect the johnnies to do as well when they are ranked.

Johnnies should be putting 12k in msg for games this year. My biggest concern about the big east is johnnies getting their support up, and I was disappointed with the attendance last night.
TheBall

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Agree that Villanova usually pulls a big crowd in The Garden. Lots of alums. In NY/NJ. I think it was a mistake to play this game at 9:00. Too late for folks in Philly to come up for the game and to get back home at a reasonable time on a weekday night. Philly is close enough that they should be able to count on them contributing some fans to the game. An earlier start time would definitely have helped.

Having said that, 8500 is not a bad night. It would be a sell out at Cameron Indoor. It would be close to a sell out at Gampel on the UCONN campus. And those are both big time programs.
Bill Marsh

Postby BEwannabe » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 pm

8500 is a solid crowd for college basketball and 9pm starts are just asking for weak crowds but you don't have to be a genius to understand 9pm is for tv and they're calling the shots.
BEwannabe

Postby redmen9194 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:49 pm

It's New York City. You are not filling the Garden for St. John's / Nova on a cold Tuesday night for a 9:15 tip. Nova / Johnnies usually gets around 11 or 12k on a weekend game so the attendance really was not too bad.
redmen9194

Postby dmac80 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:55 pm

I commented on the gate in another thread. I understand the upper tier may have been closed and or the late start hurt, no doubt, but the upper tier likely would have been opened itf demand was there. I don't know, 8500 for a ranked Saint Johns at MSG vs a highly ranked Nova seems really really weak to me. i suppose 15k on a tues night at 9pm is asking too much, but they can't draw over 10 for that matchup?
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 pm

R Jay wrote:Are you planning to buy all of the tickets and handing them out for free on the streets of Manhattan? Because that might help.

+1
Red Rooster

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board