Big East Week 3 Picks

The home for Big East hoops

Big East Week 3 Picks

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Tuesday: 1/6
Marquette @ Georgetown- Georgetown. Just can't see them losing this one at home.
Villanova @ St. John's- Villanova. Both teams desperately need a rebound win, and Harrison's heroics won't be enough to overcome SJU's thin to non-existent bench against the league's top team.
Providence @ Butler- Butler. Toss up game, both teams 11-4, 1-1, but the way league play has gone so far I've gotta side with the home team. I'd have picked PC if it were at the dunk.

Wednesday: 1/6
Seton Hall @ Xavier- Xavier. The Muskies desperately need a rebound win and what better way than hosting a newly minted top-25 team. The Pirates have also struggled on the road thus far and now transition from hunter to hunted.
DePaul @ Creighton- Creighton. DePaul picked up 2 very impressive home wins to start league play, but now they face the best home court advantage in the league. The Jays get their first notch in the win column here.

(I reserve the right to adjust my weekend picks based on Tuesday/Wednesday results)

Saturday: 1/10
Georgetown @ Providence- Providence. This league is gonna beat each other up and here's an example. I think PC gets the big home win.
Seton Hall @ Creighton- Seton Hall. Creighton makes it a hell of game, but with some tough road experience under their belts the Pirates step up and Gibbs doesn't let them lose a 2nd straight.
DePaul @ Villanova- Villanova. Just...Villanova.
Xavier @ Butler- Butler. Another game where I'd probably go the other way if home/road were reversed.

Agree/Disagree? Curse me out because I picked your team to lose a game so I obviously just irrationally hate them? Feel free to post your picks for the week.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Big East Week 3 Picks

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Week 3 Picks

Postby redmen9194 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:17 pm

The Johnnies played Nova very close last season in both games. I think if Jordan is back - and reports are that he will be - the Johnnies may get one at the Garden.
redmen9194

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Georgetown over Marquette
St. John's over Nova
Butler over Providence

Xavier over Seton Hall
Creighton over DePaul

Georgetown over Providence
Creighton over Seton Hall
Villanova over DePaul
Butler over Xavier

As a result Butler becomes ranked in the AP and Georgetown and Butler become ranked in the Coaches poll.

St. John's and Nova remain Ranked. Seton Hall falls out of the rankings. I think this is very similar to the last time Seton Hall won two big home games to start the season in Willard's first year over WV and a Ranked Uconn team. They'll fall back to earth.
hoyahooligan

Postby redmen9194 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:08 pm

I like hoyahooligan's picks except I would take Seton Hall over Creighton.
redmen9194

Postby ivet » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Georgetown over MU
Nova over SJU
PC over Butler

Xavier over Seton Hall
DePaul over Creighton

Georgetown over Providence
Creighton over Seton Hall
Villanova over DePaul
Xavier over Butler

Georgetown learned their lesson and win these 2. DePaul goes 3-0 then gets man handled by villanova like a virgin in a state penitentiary. Spread is 35
ivet

Postby mpwalsh8 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:38 pm

redmen9194 wrote:The Johnnies played Nova very close last season in both games. I think if Jordan is back - and reports are that he will be - the Johnnies may get one at the Garden.

By all accounts, Rysheed Jordan will play tomorrow night. So the question becomes - will he help St. John's or will he be a huge distraction? As a VU fan, I am hoping for the later but I am expecting the former.
mpwalsh8

Return to Big East basketball message board