Big East Villains

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Villains

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Jet915 wrote:
TheBall wrote:Sterling Gibbs talking sh*t to the Creighton cheerleaders after today's game? Are you kidding me??? Creighton fans can add him to their list.

Anyway, Steve lappas quote today:
"The problem with depaul is they just don't try..."

Exactly. And that is why Mr Oliver Purnell joins Sterling Gibbs as the biggest villains in the league.

Didnt catch that, any idea what he said?

He didn't say anything, ball just hates sterling Gibbs because he's bitter that Gibbs owned Villanova the last 2 times out. So to make himself feel better, he's trying to find every pathetic excuse he can to paint Gibbs as a bad guy. He pretty much created this thread just to be a troll.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:07 pm

I don't hate gibbs. He is actually my pick for player of the year right now.

If am sure one of you has the game tivo'ed. Just watch the very end. He is right in front if the Creighton cheerleaders shouting profanities at them.

Look, we all want thebig east to do well, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about other players who behave Inappropriately, like Gibbs has done several times now. And it is no big thing either, it is not a hate in Gibbs, more of a player you love to hate. Being a punk is in the Gibbs dna, his brother was an all time punk, and Gibbs is just picking up where his brother left off.
TheBall

Postby RedStormHoops » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Everytime a nova fan discusses seton hall or St. John's, the words "thugs" and "punks" are used every damn time. Give me a break. Hart and Pinkston are perfect angels right? Oh wait...
RedStormHoops

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:41 pm

TheBall wrote:I don't hate gibbs. He is actually my pick for player of the year right now.

If am sure one of you has the game tivo'ed. Just watch the very end. He is right in front if the Creighton cheerleaders shouting profanities at them.

Look, we all want thebig east to do well, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about other players who behave Inappropriately, like Gibbs has done several times now. And it is no big thing either, it is not a hate in Gibbs, more of a player you love to hate. Being a punk is in the Gibbs dna, his brother was an all time punk, and Gibbs is just picking up where his brother left off.

You can hate a guy a still recognize that he's a good player. Which seems to be the case because you're looking for every excuse you can to bash him. things you would pay no attention to had it been any other player in the league. And I really saw nothing directed at achy Creighton cheerleaders. You have a video you can post?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby RDinNY » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:42 pm

RedStormHoops wrote:Everytime a nova fan discusses seton hall or St. John's, the words "thugs" and "punks" are used every damn time. Give me a break. Hart and Pinkston are perfect angels right? Oh wait...

Providence fans have taken to doing that too on their fan boards. Considering their track record the last few years, they should not throw stones.
RDinNY

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
TheBall wrote:I don't hate gibbs. He is actually my pick for player of the year right now.

You can hate a guy a still recognize that he's a good player. Which seems to be the case because you're looking for every excuse you can to bash him. things you would pay no attention to had it been any other player in the league. And I really saw nothing directed at achy Creighton cheerleaders. You have a video you can post?

Wrong

I have nothing against Gibbs, rather I am keeping track of the villains in the league. If Dunham or billy Garret jr pulled the same exact move I would not it. This list is no-discriminatory and does not target any specific player or school. It is purely Observational.

Stop being overly sensitive.
TheBall

Postby itsmejpt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Wait...TheBall is the infamous NCAABall? Ugh.
Gyarrrr
itsmejpt

Postby JOPO » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Jet915 wrote:
TheBall wrote:Sterling Gibbs talking sh*t to the Creighton cheerleaders after today's game? Are you kidding me??? Creighton fans can add him to their list.

Exactly. And that is why Mr Oliver Purnell joins Sterling Gibbs as the biggest villains in the league.

Didnt catch that, any idea what he said?

Unless you can also hear the voices in TheBall's head I highly doubt Gibbs said anything. That isn't Gibbs style.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby cu blujs » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 pm

I call BS. I was there and the local news stations showed him going to the sideline after the last shot bounced off the rim until he turns and heads to shake hands. He didn't say anything to Creighton cheerleaders. I hate the guy for hitting that shot, but not for any antics that I saw during the game or after.
cu blujs

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Wow! The way the Seton Hall player throws down Pinkston like that has me thinking that the Pirates might need to be investigated for steroids. He threw JVP down like he was a ragdoll. I am just happy Jayvaughn didn't get hurt. I am all for aggressive play, this is the Big East after all, but that Seton Hall player should have been ejected.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board