Big East Villains

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Villains

Postby JOPO » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 am

shupat08 wrote:Ahh... And here comes the real NCAABall...

Seems someone is posting without their helmet again. Good grief. Someone needs to call TheBall's parents and have them check the basement for his well-being.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheBall » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:54 pm

How many flagrant fouls do you think sterling Gibbs picks up this weekend?
TheBall

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:42 pm

TheBall wrote:How many flagrant fouls do you think sterling Gibbs picks up this weekend?

well considering he's picked up 1 all season and even the Xavier (who it was against) fans on this board seem to think it was a little weak for a flagrant, I'm gonna take the safe bet and say zero.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby TheBall » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:07 pm

He only has one? I remember the xavier flagrant, but he didn't get a flagrant for punching josh hart in the head?

That's outrageous!! Considering nova v shu went to overtime, looks like it was a horrible non-flagrant call that saved seton hall in that game!
TheBall

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:16 pm

TheBall wrote:He only has one? I remember the xavier flagrant, but he didn't get a flagrant for punching josh hart in the head?

That's outrageous!! Considering nova v shu went to overtime, looks like it was a horrible non-flagrant call that saved seton hall in that game!

speaking of horrible non-calls in that game- how about initially ignoring Josh Hart's kick and stomp on Delgado which directly lead to a Nova fast break and 2 points. They went back and called the flagrant on the review, but the basket still counted, so by initially ignoring it they gifted Villanova 2 points that they didn't deserve. And then- despite seeing Josh Hart's clear intent to injure on the replay- they still made the outrageous decision not to eject him. If they get that decision right, then the Gibbs incident never happens because Hart isn't on the floor to be retaliated against. But they didn't, they decided to let Nova players take free shots at Seton Hall players, so its only fair to let Seton Hall players defend themselves and take a shot back.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby gofriars08 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:15 am

Guys so far who have pissed me off:

1. Zierden, Creighton - kid just falls over on defense all the time, looking for flops. Thankfully the refs didn't fall for it @PC, but suspect they will in Omaha more often.

2. Wojo, Marquette - because he's Wojo. The Duke hate is irrational in me.

3. Dunham, Butler - I just think he is a chucker. IMO plays the game the wrong way. Barlow is a pest but he plays a team game on both ends. I know Butler gives Dunham the green light but he's just a complete black hole in terms of passing.
gofriars08

Postby milksteak » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:33 pm

gofriars08 wrote:3. Dunham, Butler - I just think he is a chucker. IMO plays the game the wrong way. Barlow is a pest but he plays a team game on both ends. I know Butler gives Dunham the green light but he's just a complete black hole in terms of passing.

A guys shooting 47.1% from three on the year needs to pass the ball more?

"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby gofriars08 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:42 pm

I'm just colored from watching him last year too. He's been way more efficient this year, just don't enjoy watching guys like him who don't even look to pass.
gofriars08

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:23 am

Sterling Gibbs talking sh*t to the Creighton cheerleaders after today's game? Are you kidding me??? Creighton fans can add him to their list.

Anyway, Steve lappas quote today:
"The problem with depaul is they just don't try..."

Exactly. And that is why Mr Oliver Purnell joins Sterling Gibbs as the biggest villains in the league.
TheBall

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm

TheBall wrote:Sterling Gibbs talking sh*t to the Creighton cheerleaders after today's game? Are you kidding me??? Creighton fans can add him to their list.

Anyway, Steve lappas quote today:
"The problem with depaul is they just don't try..."

Exactly. And that is why Mr Oliver Purnell joins Sterling Gibbs as the biggest villains in the league.

Didnt catch that, any idea what he said?
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board