Big East Villains

The home for Big East hoops

Big East Villains

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:11 pm

One great part about a 10 team round robin is that the teams have a chance to develop more heated rivalries, and with that comes the players you love to hate. I am sure this list will grow, but here is a start:

Sterling Gibbs - closed fist punch to Josh Hart was dirty, and if not for home cooking probably would have cost the Hall the game. Kid has already been suspended in the past, maybe Willardshould suspend him again?

Angel Delgado - you though soccer players flopped a lot?

Deangelo Harrisn - probably a given that most will have him on the list, so I will add him. Kid plays hard but his arrogance rubs opposing fans the wrong way. Player everybody loves to hate.

Oliver Purnell - for allowing his team to dog it all December.

I am sure the Seton Hall people would add Josh Hart (while conveniently ignoring that Delgado completely mauled Hart and that is why Hart was in the ground). While I see where they are coming from, I think they are overreacting.

Anyway, good to see some energy back in the rivalries. Delgado and hart have at 5-8 more games against each other in the next few years, these types of love/hate moments are good for the league.
Last edited by TheBall on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBall

Big East Villains

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Villains

Postby shupirate98 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Well that's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever read. And I read Rutgers message boards mind you.
shupirate98

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Kevin Willard is probably all wrapped in his snuggie right now with some hot coco watching premier league soccer so he can teach his players some new flopping techniques.

Those who haven't watched your team at seton hall yet, just wait. You will agree with me soon enough.
TheBall

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 pm

You can't call Gibbs' move dirty but defend Harts'. He kicked/tripped Delgado, then got up and stomped on him. They were both bad, and in reality, both players probably should have been ejected. But if the refs aren't gonna protect the players, then they're gonna protect themselves. Each team got away with one there, so it evened out. Also, home cooking? Are you kidding me? The whistles had Villanova's back all day, they just failed to take advantage of it at the free throw line.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey, you are right, both hart and Gibbs' cheap shots were bad.

I guess I just understand hart's a bit more after watching Delgado toss him to the ground. It was more instinctual. While Gibbs sucker punch was a premeditated act of criminal violence. Hart was acting poorly in the moment, Gibbs planned an assault on an unspuspecting kid.

See your merry band of floppers on Presidents' Day. Try to keep your team in the rankings until mid-February so we can pick up a nice double digit win against a ranked team. Thanks.
TheBall

Postby SecureDaBall » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Gibbs should have received a flagrant.
Hart should have been ejected.

I don't think of any of these kids as villains but I sure as hell root against some teams based on their fans
SecureDaBall

Postby shupat08 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Ahh... And here comes the real NCAABall...
"No doubt, I'm from The X and I've seen it all, shorties with dreams of playing ball for Seton Hall." - Big Pun
shupat08

Postby SecureDaBall » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:33 pm

TheBall wrote:Hey, you are right, both hart and Gibbs' cheap shots were bad.

I guess I just understand hart's a bit more after watching Delgado toss him to the ground. It was more instinctual. While Gibbs sucker punch was a premeditated act of criminal violence. Hart was acting poorly in the moment, Gibbs planned an assault on an unspuspecting kid.

See your merry band of floppers on Presidents' Day. Try to keep your team in the rankings until mid-February so we can pick up a nice double digit win against a ranked team. Thanks.

I hope after trying to trip, kick, and stomp an opposing player Hart is smart enough to suspect some form of retaliation. Lets all get up to speed on what it means to play in the BEAST.
SecureDaBall

Postby PhillyPirate » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 pm

https://vine.co/v/OdrqaDJIXZU

Thats a pretty blatant trip and stomp. Gibbs retaliated for it but he definitely didnt throw a punch, I think you are overreacting.

This thread is stupid as hell
PhillyPirate

Postby TheBall » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey, if you want to put Hart on your list, go for it. Your posts count just as much as mine. I'm not telling you that you cannot.

I just gave some sympathy for hart given how he was completely mauled right before the incident and it looked more reactionary than planned. But go ahead and add him to your list.

But I do agree that Gibbs' punch was wrong, and Delgado has to realize that he is playing basketball, not soccer.

Anyway, I am more concerned about deangelo Harrison's constant crying to the refs and trash talking in Tuesday than I am about Kevin Willard's merry band of floppers right now. And then I have to worry about watching a big east basketball game with Oliver Purnell on the sideline without shedding a tear regarding how one school just doesn't put the needed effort into the sport as the other nine. Much bigger things on my mind the next coupke of weeks.

Like I said, we will see you hall fans on Presidents' Day. And this time we get the home cooking!
TheBall

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board