Big East Villains

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Villains

Postby JOPO » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:23 pm

itsmejpt wrote:Wait...TheBall is the infamous NCAABall? Ugh.

Yup! Lucky us! Oh joy! :roll:
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JOPO » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:25 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Wow! The way the Seton Hall player throws down Pinkston like that has me thinking that the Pirates might need to be investigated for steroids. He threw JVP down like he was a ragdoll. I am just happy Jayvaughn didn't get hurt. I am all for aggressive play, this is the Big East after all, but that Seton Hall player should have been ejected.

Um, yeah, OK, lets just start piling on with more made up stuff, shall we?
JOPO

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:26 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Wow! The way the Seton Hall player throws down Pinkston like that has me thinking that the Pirates might need to be investigated for steroids. He threw JVP down like he was a ragdoll. I am just happy Jayvaughn didn't get hurt. I am all for aggressive play, this is the Big East after all, but that Seton Hall player should have been ejected.

Just to be clear (assuming your reference is to the gif in this thread)...sarcasm?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:30 pm

I was clearly kidding my Seton Hall friends. That "flop" was comical on many levels. JVP is my boy!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby JOPO » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:00 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:I was clearly kidding my Seton Hall friends. That "flop" was comical on many levels. JVP is my boy!

Sorry I misunderstood you. After all of ball's comments I just thought he either created another account (he will do that) or attracted some other nut job to pile on with imaginary information that contained no shred of truth whatsoever. My apologies!
JOPO

Postby shupat08 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:20 pm

JOPO wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:I was clearly kidding my Seton Hall friends. That "flop" was comical on many levels. JVP is my boy!

Sorry I misunderstood you. After all of ball's comments I just thought he either created another account (he will do that) or attracted some other nut job to pile on with imaginary information that contained no shred of truth whatsoever. My apologies!

LOL! My initial reaction was that NCAABall created another account too.

I can't wait until I wake up one morning and this board has its first 50 threads as new threads created by NCAABall, just because an admin gave him a temp ban or something. (He has done this and most likely will do it again)

Just a warning, maybe an admin is reading these posts about how this guy acts? Maybe?
"No doubt, I'm from The X and I've seen it all, shorties with dreams of playing ball for Seton Hall." - Big Pun
shupat08

Postby Amase2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

TheBall wrote:One great part about a 10 team round robin is that the teams have a chance to develop more heated rivalries, and with that comes the players you love to hate. I am sure this list will grow, but here is a start:

Sterling Gibbs - closed fist punch to Josh Hart was dirty, and if not for home cooking probably would have cost the Hall the game. Kid has already been suspended in the past, maybe Willardshould suspend him again?

Angel Delgado - you though soccer players flopped a lot?

Deangelo Harrisn - probably a given that most will have him on the list, so I will add him. Kid plays hard but his arrogance rubs opposing fans the wrong way. Player everybody loves to hate.

Oliver Purnell - for allowing his team to dog it all December.

I am sure the Seton Hall people would add Josh Hart (while conveniently ignoring that Delgado completely mauled Hart and that is why Hart was in the ground). While I see where they are coming from, I think they are overreacting.

Anyway, good to see some energy back in the rivalries. Delgado and hart have at 5-8 more games against each other in the next few years, these types of love/hate moments are good for the league.

His name is D'angelo Harrison, and he is the player who loves that everybody loves to hate him. Does he go overboard from time to time, sure? But you couldn't ask a kid to play harder than he does. Will be a sad day when he graduates.
Amase2

Postby TheBall » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Gibbs
TheBall

Postby Steve Lavin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Harrison is a player many will hate due to jealousy. When he first came here he was negative and had his demons. Then he got help and totally changed for the better. He's a leader and he reminds me of what Jose Reyes was for the Mets years ago. He is the spark, the energy, and the passion of this team. Yes he yells, yes he pounds his chest, yes he has tattoos all over the place. But guess what? He is clutch and he is a straight baller. He will hit that impossible off-balance shot in key spots in games. He will make an and-1 and get the team fired up again leading them on a run. The guy loves his teammates and gives it 100%.

This is the 2nd punching/elbowing incident with Gibbs in just over a month. He wasn't suspended the first time. To not suspend him a second time for such an obvious and disgusting blow to Arc's head on the ground would be atrocious. I can't see a scenario where Willard isn't fired. He tried to cheat the system, thought he got away with it, and still ended up losing.
Steve Lavin

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board