3. Xavier
4. Butler
5. St. John's
6. Georgetown
7. Providence
8. Marquette
9. Creighton
10. DePaul

Seton Hall has made a believer out of me. I had them in the bottom half of my rankings last week because of Whitehead's loss. They have obviously shown that they can win without him. It's funny to see the other team that is tied for first place down at the bottom of everyone's lists. Something incongruous about that.
Bill Marsh

Re: Post your rankings for week of January 5

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BigmanU » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:30 am

Bill Marsh wrote:1. Villanova
2. Seton Hall
3. Xavier
4. Butler
5. St. John's
6. Georgetown
7. Providence
8. Marquette
9. Creighton
10. DePaul

Seton Hall has made a believer out of me. I had them in the bottom half of my rankings last week because of Whitehead's loss. They have obviously shown that they can win without him. It's funny to see the other team that is tied for first place down at the bottom of everyone's lists. Something incongruous about that.

I tend to believe this but the true test for the Hall is to win away from the Rock. They have two tough challenges on the road against X & Creighton this week. Two of the toughest venues.
BigmanU

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 am

BigmanU wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:1. Villanova
2. Seton Hall
3. Xavier
4. Butler
5. St. John's
6. Georgetown
7. Providence
8. Marquette
9. Creighton
10. DePaul

I tend to believe this but the true test for the Hall is to win away from the Rock. They have two tough challenges on the road against X & Creighton this week. Two of the toughest venues.

They certainly will have to prove themselves on the road in order to finish in the top 2 of the conference, but if they can run the game at home, they really just need 2 road wins- say DePaul and someone else- to likely finish in the top 4 and be solidly in the tournament.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:56 am

It looks like the road will be tough on everyone in the league this year. So, even if Seton Hall loses a bunch of road games, so will everyone else. The key to winning the league will likely be defending your home court.
Bill Marsh

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board