I Am Starting To Hate DePaul

The home for Big East hoops

Re: I Am Starting To Hate DePaul

Postby BEhomer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:19 pm

hate is a good thing. this is how rivalries are born. teams get upset and the following year there's a revenge factor and so on.
BEhomer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DemonLS » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:17 pm

I will say this for a 3rd time. If you want the Big East to reach its full potential, then you better hope that St. John's and DePaul improve their programs dramatically. St. Johns is improving but please allow to DePaul to break thru one of these frickin' years!
DemonLS

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:25 pm

ivet wrote:
TheBasketballOpinion wrote:
TheBall wrote:
I think it is more about fans being pissed that there is a sub200 rpi team in the conference. Unacceptable.

this X1000

So why are they losing to a sub 200 RPI team? Since we are all about RPIIs around here, this team should be the easiest win in conference play. They only have 1 player that was a top 100 recruit. The....least smartest HC in the conference so don't lose to them. Simple as that.

Because depaul laid down in December and rolled over against terrible teams and lost a ton of games, but at home when they try they can pull an upset.

I don't really care if depaul is good and wins games, it is their complete lack of effort in December that irks me. Quitters.
TheBall

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:27 pm

DemonLS wrote:I will say this for a 3rd time. If you want the Big East to reach its full potential, then you better hope that St. John's and DePaul improve their programs dramatically. St. Johns is improving but please allow to DePaul to break thru one of these frickin' years!

Not buying it from depaul fans anymore so than I would from rutgers fans. When administrations neglect programs, they fail, and until depaul starts putting a little effort into basketball the sleeping giant will remain in bed with the state university of New Jersey. Fact.
TheBall

Postby ivet » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:40 pm

TheBall wrote:
DemonLS wrote:I will say this for a 3rd time. If you want the Big East to reach its full potential, then you better hope that St. John's and DePaul improve their programs dramatically. St. Johns is improving but please allow to DePaul to break thru one of these frickin' years!

Not buying it from depaul fans anymore so than I would from rutgers fans. When administrations neglect programs, they fail, and until depaul starts putting a little effort into basketball the sleeping giant will remain in bed with the state university of New Jersey. Fact.

You're funny. You get mad at them for losing. Now your mad at them for winning. You are the king troll...or my wife. Are you my wife?
ivet

Postby BEhomer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:44 pm

I do want Depaul to get better. in order for that to happen they need to lose this year and fire purnell.
BEhomer

Postby Demon22 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:27 pm

TheBall wrote:

They've got the 2nd-highest paid head coach in the league and they've committed a minimum of $75 million towards the construction of a new arena.

Please point out to me the areas where the "administration" has neglected the men's basketball program.
Demon22

Postby Boyee » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:18 am

In OOC DePaul beat UIC, Drake, Stanford, Northern Illinois, Chicago State, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
In OOC DePaul lost to Lehigh, George Washington, Illinois State, Oregon State, Colorado, Ohio, and Loyola Marymount.
DePaul should have beaten Lehigh, Illinois State, Ohio, & Loyola Marymount.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:59 am

This is bullsh--. We should all be cheering like hell for Marq and Creighton to lose based on this logic, which I see none of. No reason to hate on this win.

X has been up and down all year. The only team that should be taking heat is them for hurting their own chances.
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby butlerway » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:08 am

Funny all of you guys hate DePaul for picking up that big win. I loved it. And no, not just because of the Butler-Xavier hatred that exists, but because my first concern is Butler finishing as high in the Big East standings as possible. Xavier losing to DePaul could help that. Yes, I want as many Big East teams in the tournament as possible, but I'm sure not factoring that into who I root for at this point in time. On Tuesday you'll find me rooting for Marquette to upset Georgetown. I don't hate Georgetown, and in fact a Georgetown win helps Butler's rankings more (they played them OOC). But right now I'm rooting for Butler to win the Big East, and Georgetown is a significant threat to that. I don't care if hurts Georgetown's NCAA chances/seed.
butlerway

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board