I Am Starting To Hate DePaul

The home for Big East hoops

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:26 pm

The team has provided literally nothing to the conference since its been in the league. They sucked in the OOC games and now come into the league and start 2-0 while killing the RPI's for other Big East teams. You can make the case that it is hard to win on the road in the Big East but that does not excuse losing to this team.

Horrible
Last edited by TheBasketballOpinion on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: I Am Starting to Hate DePaul

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Yea, I know I gave a big defense of DePaul. But man, really wish they could've just held their own in the OOC season. As it is now, they are just leeching off the rest of us.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:30 pm

You beat me too it.

I am more upset about this result than I am about the nova loss today (well, almost...)

Ridiculous.
TheBall

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:35 pm

It hurts in the short-term, but it's good for the long term. I'm not an Oliver Purnell fan by any means (hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since the Reagan administration), but, against Marquette earlier this week, all 5 starters were from Chicago. Granted, one was due to Hamilton being suspended, but all 5 were Chicago guys nevertheless. That is a HUGE boost to recruiting. A solid head coach would never need to go out of state recruiting because there is a ton of talent here in the Chicago-area (regardless of what system you run). I still don't view him as the coach to get DePaul to the next level, but the fact DePaul isn't a doormat this year is a good thing. It's good for Fox. It's good for competition. It's good for the Big East.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:It hurts in the short-term, but it's good for the long term. I'm not an Oliver Purnell fan by any means (hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since the Reagan administration), but, against Marquette earlier this week, all 5 starters were from Chicago. Granted, one was due to Hamilton being suspended, but all 5 were Chicago guys nevertheless. That is a HUGE boost to recruiting. A solid head coach would never need to go out of state recruiting because there is a ton of talent here in the Chicago-area (regardless of what system you run). I still don't view him as the coach to get DePaul to the next level, but the fact DePaul isn't a doormat this year is a good thing. It's good for Fox. It's good for competition. It's good for the Big East.

If depaul actually tried in the out of conference portion of the schedule I would agree.

I have kept saying that my over/under for big east bids is 4.5. Everyone else is talking 5 or 6. Why am I low? Because this is predictable. Road wins in conference are tough, so depaul will beat people. Unfortunately they didn't try out of conference and every win they chalk up counts like three losses to whomever they beat.
TheBall

Re: I Am Starting To Hate DePaul

Postby RDinNY » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Only an idiot would overlook an opponent in this league. Come out and play your best every night or go home with your tail between your legs.
RDinNY

Postby milksteak » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Or...Idk...Xavier could play some defense? It was gonna bite you guys in the butt eventually.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:56 pm

milksteak wrote:Or...Idk...Xavier could play some defense? It was gonna bite you guys in the butt eventually.

I pull for the Hoyas

I'm just pissed that this scrub ass team could result in less teams in the tourney come March
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Postby SecureDaBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Damn DePaul, why did you try to win!!!!! Let's ignore the fact that the teams you played were better and played like shit. Its all your fault!!!!
SecureDaBall

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:00 pm

TheBasketballOpinion wrote:
milksteak wrote:Or...Idk...Xavier could play some defense? It was gonna bite you guys in the butt eventually.

I pull for the Hoyas

I'm just pissed that this scrub ass team could result in less teams in the tourney come March

Or teams sitting in then lay-in game or a tougher first round opponent because of them.

We should have a rule that if you don't finish your ooc int he rpi top 200 we get to trade you for another team from another conference.
TheBall

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board