Xavier -10.5 over DePaul
St. John's -3.5 over Butler
Georgetown -8.5 over Creighton

As a betting man I am going:
The hall
Friars
Depaul
Johnnies (even without jordan)
Georgetown (this one gave me the most trouble to pick)

3-2 against the spread though. I'm like thesportsboss.com
TheBall

Re: Sat 1/3 (5 Games): Nova-Hall, PC-MU, X-DeP, But-STJ, CU-

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Ochefu's 24 rebounds the most in 20 hrs, two short of michael smith's record back at providence in 1994.

Smith was a beast on the boards.
TheBall

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:Cracks in the armor??? LMAO, we played just OK and handled Butler easily. Tighten up the interior defense?, you mean the one that blocked like 10 shots against Butler? Or the one that held Butler to 35% shooting? Yeah the 6'11" guy only had 19 & 24 today, yeah obviously he sucks.

If you have the tape, watch it again. You will see about 8 layups right up the lane. Also, Butler outrebounds very, very few opponents. But 40 to 29 against V??? But hey, it's your team, mot mine. If your aren't concerned, good for you.
HoosierPal

Postby BEhomer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:15 pm

nova's weakness is that they don't have a go to guy in crunch time. seton hall did and nova's constant double team created opportunities for others. ennis has to develop into that guy as he is capable of creating his own shot with clock winding down.
BEhomer

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Bench points for Butler = 0
Bench points for St. Johns = 0

That ain't gonna work much longer.
HoosierPal

Postby FDS » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:52 pm

HoosierPal wrote:
Also, Butler outrebounds very, very few opponents.

Where do you get this stuff? Butler has out rebounded 12 of their 15 opponents this year. I really wish you would go back to your Peegs board and stop masquerading as a Butler fan here.
FDS

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:17 pm

HoosierPal wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:Cracks in the armor??? LMAO, we played just OK and handled Butler easily. Tighten up the interior defense?, you mean the one that blocked like 10 shots against Butler? Or the one that held Butler to 35% shooting? Yeah the 6'11" guy only had 19 & 24 today, yeah obviously he sucks.

If you have the tape, watch it again. You will see about 8 layups right up the lane. Also, Butler outrebounds very, very few opponents. But 40 to 29 against V??? But hey, it's your team, mot mine. If your aren't concerned, good for you.

Yeah, I'm not buying a double digit win over butler as something indicative of problems with villanova

Nova ain't oerfect, the other team usually scores two to three dozen baskets a game, and some will be lay ups and some will be jump shots. But that defense is nice.

Villanova did not lose today because of their poor defense.

And rebounding? They had 47 today. Rebounding isn't a problem.

Nova missed shots today, and seton didn't let nova run away with it and grabbed the game at the end. It happens. Heck, bucknell could have stole a game from nova, but they failed to do what seton hall accomplished

Butler never really had a shot against nova. They kept it close for a bit, but that game was never in doubt b

Seton hall > butler. Fact.
TheBall

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:23 pm

milksteak wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. I'm not too surprised on this result. Villanova showed some cracks in the armor during our Butler game. We got way too many easy hoops in the paint against Nova. They need to tighten up the interior defense. The Butler game was also the first time I had seen Villanova and I thought they were a bigger team. 6'11" and 6'7" is a nice front line, but not a monster size team.

Cracks in the armor??? LMAO, we played just OK and handled Butler easily. Tighten up the interior defense?, you mean the one that blocked like 10 shots against Butler? Or the one that held Butler to 35% shooting? Yeah the 6'11" guy only had 19 & 24 today, yeah obviously he sucks.

We shot poorly today, a lot of that had to do with Hall's defense, even then we don't shot 31% often. Add in missing 15 FT and playing on the road, equals a recipe for a loss.

Well, jeez. Hall's defense must be legendary then.

Yeah, but I'm not calling out Butler for "having cracks in their armor" now am I? Responding with some stats about the game in question. I'm beginning to see why Butler fans have a reputation for being sort of douchey. Off night plus good defense, it happens, well maybe not to the great, beyond awesome, and otherworldly Butler program. :roll:

Oh wait it did at the pavilion the other night. :roll:
Last edited by Westbrook#36 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Westbrook#36

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:26 pm

HoosierPal wrote:

You should more concerned about Butler, because quite frankly, you have much more to be concerned about than Nova does.
Westbrook#36

Postby REDMEN1415 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:51 am

Feel bad for our starters, with no bench they all logged atleast 35 minutes.
DLo and Dom logged 40 minutes.

DLo tried to carry them to the win with 31pnts.

He might not be the most talented, but I consider him the toughest in the B.E.
You know he wants it, when he fouls out on the bench he sits with his head in his hands.
He knows that his dream of playing in the dance is getting crushed. And nova will be pissed coming to the garden from losing today, Harrison might get his 22-23pnts but who else? Villanova will crush sju.
Well this is on lavin for taking the last two years off. now with Jordan gone, our last impact play, Obekpa was recruited in 2012.
And with the seniors leaving and Jordan gone, it wouldn't make sence for him to stay?
Besides him our starting 5 would be Jones and Amar as the 2 forwards and stewart and uhhhh wtf would be the pg?
He'd embarrass himself playing with them.
Next year will be scary bad
REDMEN1415

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board