Sat 1/3 (5 Games): Nova-Hall, PC-MU, X-DeP, But-STJ, CU-GTwn

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat 1/3 (5 Games): Nova-Hall, PC-MU, X-DeP, But-STJ, CU-

Postby milksteak » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:17 pm

TheBall wrote:Poor officiating at the end of the johnnies v butler game looks like it will hand butler the win. Hate when the refs insist on placing their egos ahead of the game.

Yeah they missed a lot of goal tends.

Please.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SJHooper » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Johnnies go from #15 to tailspin falling fast losing first 2 conference games and now our 5 star PG forever. And Nova plus Duke soon. I knew we couldn't keep this up. When something seems too good to be true it is.
SJHooper

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 pm

milksteak wrote:
TheBall wrote:Poor officiating at the end of the johnnies v butler game looks like it will hand butler the win. Hate when the refs insist on placing their egos ahead of the game.

Yeah they missed a lot of goal tends.

Please.

Really? Were you watching a replay of last year? You certainly weren't watching today's game. I agree milksteak, Ball needs to buy a clue.
HoosierPal

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Doug Gottlieb as an analyst was a joy to listen to today. He freely disagreed with the refs upon occasion and gave his reasons why.
HoosierPal

Postby SecureDaBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Gritty road win by Butler.

The Johnnies are in trouble with Lavin coaching like this is an AAU summer league.
SecureDaBall

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Jet915 wrote:Freakin DePaul...

You must be thrilled by the beat down the hoyas are putting on the jays then.
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:52 pm

HoosierPal wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. I'm not too surprised on this result. Villanova showed some cracks in the armor during our Butler game. We got way too many easy hoops in the paint against Nova. They need to tighten up the interior defense. The Butler game was also the first time I had seen Villanova and I thought they were a bigger team. 6'11" and 6'7" is a nice front line, but not a monster size team.

Cracks in the armor??? LMAO, we played just OK and handled Butler easily. Tighten up the interior defense?, you mean the one that blocked like 10 shots against Butler? Or the one that held Butler to 35% shooting? Yeah the 6'11" guy only had 19 & 24 today, yeah obviously he sucks.

We shot poorly today, a lot of that had to do with Hall's defense, even then we don't shot 31% often. Add in missing 15 FT and playing on the road, equals a recipe for a loss.
Westbrook#36

Postby milksteak » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. I'm not too surprised on this result. Villanova showed some cracks in the armor during our Butler game. We got way too many easy hoops in the paint against Nova. They need to tighten up the interior defense. The Butler game was also the first time I had seen Villanova and I thought they were a bigger team. 6'11" and 6'7" is a nice front line, but not a monster size team.

Cracks in the armor??? LMAO, we played just OK and handled Butler easily. Tighten up the interior defense?, you mean the one that blocked like 10 shots against Butler? Or the one that held Butler to 35% shooting? Yeah the 6'11" guy only had 19 & 24 today, yeah obviously he sucks.

We shot poorly today, a lot of that had to do with Hall's defense, even then we don't shot 31% often. Add in missing 15 FT and playing on the road, equals a recipe for a loss.

Well, jeez. Hall's defense must be legendary then.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby R Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Professor_Bulldog wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Freakin DePaul...

You must be thrilled by the beat down the hoyas are putting on the jays then.

Could you have made your point without being an a**hole?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby TheBall » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:20 pm

TheBall wrote:I got:

Nova over the hall, but I expect this one to be tight and a hall win would not surprise me.

Providence and Xavier win on the road, and georgetown and the johnnies protect home court.

I went 1-4. Nice work.

I did say the big upset of the day was possible, so kudos to me.
TheBall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board