3. Gtown (67)
4. Providence (108)
5. Butler (116)
6. Xavier (129)
7. Seton Hall (154)
8. Marquette (174)
9. Creighton (184)
10. DePaul (228)

(note: I went from low to high because it is just easier that way, and whenever somebody used ties or tiers I gave the team the equal number for the best spot/tier they were slotted (ex: 2 teams tied for 4th I gave them each 4))

So for this week (figure do this before the weekend as wednesday was so big, but then just do it after weekend play for other weeks)

And add any comments such as changes, why you changed, and tournament outlooks

What a wild day yesterday!

Here we go:

1. Wildcats
2. Red Storm
3. providence
4. Seton Hall
5. Georgetown
6. Xavier
7. Butler
8. Creighton

Two teams dropped from my rankings

Not going to punish the red storm too much for a competitive road loss to what is still looking like a strong seton hall team.
Kris Dunn looks awesome. Could challenge Harrison for player of the year and is the best nba prospect in the league. Did someone say quadruple double?
Seton Hall has enough experience in the back court where the loss of whitehead isn't going to devastate them. Delgado continues to impress, and is my pick for freshman of the year.
Flip flopped on xavier and georgetown. Yes, xavier looked better than the hoyas yesterday, in cincy, but georgetown still has the better overall results. These teams represent the bubble for me right now.
Butler and Creighton had better than expected out of conference schedules, but now back to reality.
Last edited by TheBall on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBall

Post your post-NYE marathon rankings.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Post your post-NYE marathon rankings.

Postby muskienick » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:56 am

TheBall wrote:And add any comments such as changes, why you changed, and tournament outlooks

What a wild day yesterday!

Here we go:

1. Wildcats
2. Red Storm
3. providence
4. Seton Hall
5. Georgetown
6. Xavier
7. Butler
8. Creighton

Two teams dropped from my rankings

Not going to punish the red storm too much for a competitive road loss to what is still looking like a strong seton hall team.
Kris Dunn looks awesome. Could challenge Harrison for player of the year and is the best nba prospect in the league. Did someone say quadruple double?
Seton Hall has enough experience in the back court where the loss of whitehead isn't going to devastate them. Delgado continues to impress, and is my pick for freshman of the year.
Flip flopped on xavier and georgetown. Yes, xavier looked better than the hoyas yesterday, in cincy, but georgetown still has the better overall results. These teams represent the bubble for me right now.
Butler and Creighton had better than expected out of conference schedules, but now back to reality.

This guy's a kook! 1 game into Conference Play and he's already eliminated 2 members of the Conference from his rankings (not that I give a rat's rear end about his rankings). The last time I looked, the Big East had 10 member institutions. How in the he|| can he drop two teams already when less than 6% of the Conference games have been played. Will he be doing a "Lunardi Shuffle" every week to correct his mistakes from the previous week? Then, after about 13 of these "Shuffles" he'll boast of getting 60% of his picks correct of the Big East teams invited to the NCAA Tourney.

A monkey could do as well!
Last edited by muskienick on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
muskienick

Postby BEX » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:05 am

Rankings after 1 game pretty silly. About as silly as your o game predictions.
BEX

Postby TheBall » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:11 am

If you don't like it, don't read it!!

Anyway, just looking for a collective group opinion on where the league stands right now.
TheBall

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:12 am

I thought the original poster brought up some very good points and obviously was watching every game with great observation.

If you can't take hard hitting posts, don't read them.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 am

TheBall,

I honestly posted my response before seeing your 11:11am post. Looks like we are on the same page here.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby BEX » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:26 am

My hard hitting analysis after 1 0f 18:

Many very good teams in BE this year:

1. teams that won.
2. teams that didn't win.

stayed tuned for part II.
BEX

Postby TheBall » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:09 pm

I hear you chest. Apparently talking about the league standings in January is taboo to some posters here. Fortunately I think there are enough good fans on this board who are interested in the league and the ebb and flow of the team's to engage in a discussion. Every newsgroup is going to have its haters, the key is to just ignore them and not to get into a typical pissing match with them. Keep the thread on topic and enjoy the discussion. So sayeth TheBall.
TheBall

Postby xavier1994 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:28 pm

1. Nova
2. Xavier
3. Georgetown
4. Providence
5. Seton Hall
6. St. Johns
7. Butler
8. Creighton
9. Marquette
10. DePaul
xavier1994

Postby muskienick » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:07 pm

TheBall wrote:If you don't like it, don't read it!!

Anyway, just looking for a collective group opinion on where the league stands right now.

My main objection to your premise was the fact that you say you're interested in the group's opinion on where the league stands and you've already eliminated 2 of its members after a single game. The Conference has 10 members, not 8. If a team or two were to lose a second game during the next week without winning one, will your version of the league be reduced further (down to 6 or 7)? Where will it stop? If you must do something like this, at least keep the Conference intact. By doing what you've done, you've insulted the teams and fans of "eliminated" members, one of them even after winning its game! What a slap in the face!
muskienick

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board