NYE Marathon Game Thread

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NYE Marathon Game Thread

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:13 am

admin wrote:Georgetown in all white seems sort of sacrilege.

I thought the same thing. And Xavier in road black at home. What gives with that? :o
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dmac80 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:16 am

Good luck winning on the road in this league.

Not thrilled to see two of our ranked teams lose so handily.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby jfan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 am

Honestly, with the league rpi and the individual team ratings, we should have 4 ranked teams. What am I doing on a message board on New Years Eve?
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:21 am

Basically everyone defended their home court today. So we didn't really learn much.

The one that had to leave everyone scratching their heads was the DePaul win over Marquette. DePaul has to be the most unpredictable team in the country - even within the same game. And what's with Marquette? After Fischer joined the team, I thought they were going to be good. Now, I'm not so sure. Total collapse by Marquette down the stretch when they had the game completely in hand. They beat themselves.
Bill Marsh

Postby Boyee » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:21 am

DePaul won at home against Marquette without their starting center, Tommy Hamilton IV, who was out due to violating team rules.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby BEhomer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 am

i guess marquette's bubble burst yesterday.
BEhomer

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:35 am

BEhomer wrote:i guess marquette's bubble burst yesterday.

I wouldn't count them out just yet. That was a very weird last 5 minutes with Marquette giving the ball to DePaul at every opportunity - unnecessary fouls, turnovers, and even an uncharacteristic missed FT by Carlino. All added up to a 10 point swing in the score. We're not likely to see such a strange 5 minute again very soon.
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:

I wouldn't count them out just yet. That was a very weird last 5 minutes with Marquette giving the ball to DePaul at every opportunity - unnecessary fouls, turnovers, and even an uncharacteristic missed FT by Carlino. All added up to a 10 point swing in the score. We're not likely to see such a strange 5 minute again very soon.

Marquette would need to go 11-6 to have any shot at making the tourney. 10-7 only gets them to 18-12 and with 2 awful losses, not much of a chance with that resume. Considering that they're favorites in only 2 games the rest of the season(Creighton and DePaul home games)- you can pretty much count Marquette out.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:01 pm

stever20 wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:

Marquette would need to go 11-6 to have any shot at making the tourney. 10-7 only gets them to 18-12 and with 2 awful losses, not much of a chance with that resume. Considering that they're favorites in only 2 games the rest of the season(Creighton and DePaul home games)- you can pretty much count Marquette out.

I wouldn't bet on Marquette making it, but its way too early to say their bubble is burst. With half the conference probably making the tournament, that means they have 10 opportunities for wins against a NCAA tourney team.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:56 pm

18-12 records just don't make the tourney. Not with 2 awful losses like they have now. They have nothing profound OOC to get in. They really need 11 wins to even get on the bubble- and even then, they'd probably need a win in the BET to feel real safe.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board