Postby REDMEN1415 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:04 pm

REDMEN1415

Lavin Q & A

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Lavin Q & A

Postby robinreed » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:38 am

Redmen,
How do fans feel about Lavin now that he is winning? In the off season it seemed that several posters wanted him gone?

How do fans feel about recruiting for next year? I ask this because Lavin gave a very indefinite (no names) answer in the interview. He mostly talked in generalities and about past players and ones who had removed themselves from the program.

"Lavin: We're probably in better position now in terms of recruiting than at any point since we've been here. We are involved with potential prospects internationally, locally in the tri-state area, and coast-to-coast. We never imagined that we would lose Maurice Harkless after his freshman year to the NBA, JaKarr Sampson after his sophomore year to the NBA, and Amir Garrett to professional baseball. Those three would be with this current team. If you add two NBA players and a guy that throws heat in the Cincinnati Reds' farm system, our bench would be deeper and a little more experienced. We're 15th (in the AP Top 25) in the country right now without those three, but they were part of that original recruiting class that was ranked third in the country. We're always going to be in position to sign top prospects. New York City, our track record of sending players to the NBA, the coaching staff that we've assembled, Madison Square Garden, along with our style of play make us an attractive destination for the elite prospects. Recruiting is the least of my concerns because that's an area we've excelled -- we work tirelessly at recruiting."
robinreed

Re: Lavin Q & A

Postby REDMEN1415 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:30 pm

robinreed wrote:Redmen,
How do fans feel about Lavin now that he is winning? In the off season it seemed that several posters wanted him gone?

How do fans feel about recruiting for next year? I ask this because Lavin gave a very indefinite (no names) answer in the interview. He mostly talked in generalities and about past players and ones who had removed themselves from the program.

"Lavin: We're probably in better position now in terms of recruiting than at any point since we've been here. We are involved with potential prospects internationally, locally in the tri-state area, and coast-to-coast. We never imagined that we would lose Maurice Harkless after his freshman year to the NBA, JaKarr Sampson after his sophomore year to the NBA, and Amir Garrett to professional baseball. Those three would be with this current team. If you add two NBA players and a guy that throws heat in the Cincinnati Reds' farm system, our bench would be deeper and a little more experienced. We're 15th (in the AP Top 25) in the country right now without those three, but they were part of that original recruiting class that was ranked third in the country. We're always going to be in position to sign top prospects. New York City, our track record of sending players to the NBA, the coaching staff that we've assembled, Madison Square Garden, along with our style of play make us an attractive destination for the elite prospects. Recruiting is the least of my concerns because that's an area we've excelled -- we work tirelessly at recruiting."

They're off to a real good start, and to me it's a pleasant surprise. I figured 2 or 3 losses before conference play.

Recruiting: Well, we thought that Thomas (think could have made a difference in the SHU game.), and ADR was going to be apart of this team, but both are not playing.
Next year, just one 3 star recruit, I guess once again we will have to wait until April to see who he gets. I think that tells you what I think of his recruit.
I'll be patient, and see who he gets in April before saying extend him or fire him.
REDMEN1415

Return to Big East basketball message board