Sat Dec 27th - 2 Games, GU-IU, Seton-Maine.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat Dec 27th - 2 Games, GU-IU, Seton-Maine.

Postby redmen9194 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:57 pm

They were 26 in both polls but this win should be enough to slide them in.
redmen9194

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby novahoops11 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Big 10 in Madison Square Garden now 0-3 vs. Big East, 2-6 overall.

Hey Delany, maybe you'd have better luck over in Jersey :D
novahoops11

Postby TheBall » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Great games nd huge win on so many levels.

1. The atmosphere was rocking

2. It went to overtime and carried over deep into the first half of the most anticipated game of the year.

3. Big east continued to protect Broadway and brooklyn

4. The game was actually fantastic to watch. So many big shots, not crazy calls to ruin the game. Outside of georgetown at the free throw line both those teams looked good.

5. This is huge for georgeteon joining nova and St. John's as being solid on the right side of the bubble. With wins against Florida and indiana on neutral courts, the hoyas could probably enter the big east tournament win 10-8 conf record and still have a tourney invitation in hand.
TheBall

Postby TheBall » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:29 pm

It is funny reading the quotes from first half posts in this thread. Of course it was ugly first half, that's what georgetown does.

Remember St Patrick's day in 2007 when georgetown only scored 26 first half points against bC? How about the next game when they only put up 24 in the first half against vandy? Then they trailed by double digits near the close of the first half against the heels in their next game. JT3 stays patient, runs his offense, and sometimes they come back.
TheBall

Postby Red Rooster » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:23 pm

TheBall wrote:Great games nd huge win on so many levels.

1. The atmosphere was rocking

2. It went to overtime and carried over deep into the first half of the most anticipated game of the year.

3. Big east continued to protect Broadway and brooklyn

4. The game was actually fantastic to watch. So many big shots, not crazy calls to ruin the game. Outside of georgetown at the free throw line both those teams looked good.

5. This is huge for georgeteon joining nova and St. John's as being solid on the right side of the bubble. With wins against Florida and indiana on neutral courts, the hoyas could probably enter the big east tournament win 10-8 conf record and still have a tourney invitation in hand.

#5: I think you're right about Villanova and St. John's. That could also be true for Georgetown. But it all depends what Indiana does in conference play. I think Florida will be fine when it's all said and done, and it'll be a good win for the Hoyas. I could see Indiana struggling in conference play. I could also see them doing okay. I'm kind of iffy on the Hoosiers.
Red Rooster

Postby Jet915 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:35 pm

I think with this win, Georgetown is on the right side of the bubble because they unlike many Big East bubble teams have no bad losses.
Jet915

Postby TheBall » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:14 am

They have no bad losses and Indiana and Florida are going to be decent enough wins for out of conference games as far as bubble teams would go. Even if they are a bit down this yr, it is still Indiana and Florida.

They also have don't some good things away from home and will have a decent rpi.
TheBall

Postby micgoG'town » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:18 am

An rpi that will go up in league play as long as they don't lose to DePaul. Creighton is outside the top 100, but likely ends up in there by the end of the season.
micgoG'town

Postby Red Rooster » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:12 am

TheBall wrote:They have no bad losses and Indiana and Florida are going to be decent enough wins for out of conference games as far as bubble teams would go. Even if they are a bit down this yr, it is still Indiana and Florida.

They also have don't some good things away from home and will have a decent rpi.

Indiana's or Florida's name won't mean a hill of beans, if they don't have decent seasons. I believe G'town's win over Florida probably will look good down the road, but I'm not sold on that being the case when it comes to Indiana.
Red Rooster

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board